10 Awesome Halloween Costume Ideas Under $30
Unless you’re attending Heidi Klum’s famous annual Halloween party where everyone goes all out, it’s probably a bad idea to spend your savings on an elaborate costume you’ll wear once. If your invite got lost in the mail like ours did, an affordable costume (that’s still ridiculously cool and stylish) will certainly suffice. So, how affordable are we talking? Think: the price of a couple lunches or a really nice dinner.
From a highly-accessorized Iris Apfel, to a simple and timeless Edie Sedgwick, to an iconic Liv Tyler in Empire Records, we’re bringing you 10 ideas every fashion girl will instantly recognize (and love).
Scroll down for ten ideas sure to impress on Halloween night, all of which are under $30 to create!
Total Cost: $28
Take an old shirt you already own and use thin tape or letter stickers to spell out “Seniors” across the chest. You’ll need to buy:
- Shorts: ASOS Woven Stripe Shorts with Tie Hem ($11)
- Tube Socks: Wigwam King Extra Long Tube Socks in Black ($10)
- Whistle: CRS Whistles Authentic Original Whistle ($7)
Total Cost: $29
Wear a white button-down blouse you already own and fasten black ribbons to your skirt to mimic suspenders. Don't forget the pink ribbon in your hair! You'll need to buy:
- Black Pleated Skirt: Mixmax Women's High Waist Pleated Mini Tennis Skirt ($20)
- White Knee Socks: Nordstrom Knee High Socks in White ($9)
Total Cost: $30
This couples costume is so easy for you. Your partner needs a sailor uniform, but all you need is a white vintage-inspired dress:
- White Dress: Dickies Women's EDS Button Front Scrubs Dress ($30)
Total Cost: $23
Apply retro makeup to play up the vintage vibe. You’ll need to buy:
- Wig: Forum Novelties Women's 40's Housewife Lady Costume Wig in Blonde ($6)
- Striped One-Piece Swimsuit: MiYang Retro Vintage Striped One Piece Monokini Chevron Lines Swimsuit ($17)
20th Century Fox
Total Cost: $27
Tie your hair in a high ponytail with a red ribbon to get the look. You’ll need to buy:
- White Cat-Eye Sunglasses: Wayfarers Style Ladies New Fashion Vintage Cat Eye Sunglasses ($3)
- Red One-Piece Swimsuit: Shenices Retro Vintage Ruched Sweetheart One-Piece Monokinis Swimsuit ($24)
Which of these costume ideas is your favorite? Let us know in the comments below!
Opening Image: Mireya Acierto/Getty Images