A few weeks ago, I was in the market for a new eye shadow palette, and I thought I was just going to go with a tried-and-true neutral/nude one. They're so versatile, so I really don't need to think about another palette. That's especially true for the ones with a big selection of shades—you've got numerous day and night looks there.
But as I was browsing and doing my research, I read my colleague senior beauty editor Erin Jahns's recent story about pink eye shadow going viral, and I was intrigued. I thought pink eye shadows were a little too intense and bold for me, but some of the looks seemed doable and like what I'd wear on a night out.
And although you can go for a pink that’s super bold and bright, there are softer pink shades that can give you a similar look to those neutrals and nudes but taken up a notch. It's romantic and flirty and classic all at once. So I decided to try something new and go with a pink eye shadow palette. I’ve included my pick below plus some other options if you’re seriously considering experimenting with the trend, too.
1. Urban Decay Naked3 Eyeshadow Palette
I mean, you really can’t go wrong with a Naked palette from Urban Decay. So it was only fitting that I would try the Naked 3 palette as my foray into the world of pink eye shadows. There are 12 rose-hued neutrals in this palette, which is like getting the best of both worlds for me. It’s been fun mixing and matching everything for daytime and nighttime looks, and the blush and rosy hues are pretty and ultra flattering.
2. Charlotte Tilbury Luxury Eyeshadow Palette in Walk of No Shame
3. Dior 5 Couleurs Couture Eyeshadow Palette in Pink Corolle
4. Maybelline The Blushed Nudes Eyeshadow Makeup Palette
5. Pat McGrath Labs Divine Rose Luxe Eyeshadow Palette: Eternal Eden Divine Rose II Collection
With matte and shimmer finishes, this pink palette is both pretty and versatile. The shadows are creamy and easy to blend, so you can mix and match to create a variety of looks.
6. MAC Dusky Rose Times Nine Eyeshadow Palette
7. Juvia's Place The Sweet Pinks Eyeshadow Palette
8. Chanel Les 4 Ombres Multi-Effect Quadra Eyeshadow in Candeur et Provocation
This rose-hued compact features two medium tones to color and contour, a deep hue to intensify, and a lighter shade to highlight.
9. E.l.f. Bite-Size Eyeshadows in Rose Water
10. Lime Crime Eye & Face Palette in Glory
11. Tarte Tartelette Juicy Amazonian Clay Eyeshadow Palette
12. Huda Beauty Rose Quartz Eyeshadow Palette
More Eye Makeup Products to Complete the Look
This drugstore favorite volumizes and lengthens without leaving flakes, clumps, or smudges. It comes with a wavy fiber brush that is designed to coat every lash.