Football season is here. For the next several weeks, we'll be cheering our favorite teams on to victory. For fashion girls cheering from the stands, what to wear to a football game becomes a question. You want something that shows off your spirit, keeps you warm from kick-off to the final touchdown, and doesn't compromise your style. Weather-appropriate outfit options that work in team merch are easier to whip up than you might think.
Make a statement in your game day outfit with cool outerwear that also keeps you cozy, then finish off the look with a classic pair of blue jeans or corduroy pants in a chic skinny silhouette. With just a handful of key items that channel both collegiate sensibilities and serve your cold-weather needs, you can create a variety of outfits that look great in the stadium stands.
Here are five suggestions to start with:
- Letterman-inspired jacket + football team shirt + classic jeans or corduroy pants + white sneakers
- Velvet bomber jacket + football team shirt + classic jeans + ankle boots
- Wool sweater + corduroy pants or leather leggings + ankle boots
- Jean jacket + football team sweatshirt + corduroy pants + white sneakers
- Jean jacket + wool sweater + leather leggings + ankle boots
However you style them, these fall wardrobe staples are sure to elevate your game day look. Ready to suit up in your football game gear? Head below to shop our favorite pieces to mix and match for a football game and get ready to light up that sartorial scoreboard.