This Tool Is the Best Thing That's Ever Happened to My Frizzy Hair—Here's Proof

There are three wishes I’d make if a magical beauty-themed genie ever paid me a visit. The first? To have small pores. The second? To be able to utter "Chin hairs, be gone!” so I wouldn’t have to waste time trying to find my tweezers. And lastly, I’d wish for the ability to give myself a salon-worthy blowout! Nothing beats that feeling when my hair is freshly done and I can revel in that sleek, bouncy blowout. The one that I can never replicate at home, no matter how many times I’ve tried. (My hands are too weak to hold that round brush!) That’s why the T3 AireBrush Duo is a gift from the gawds.

Blow-dry brushes have been a game changer for beauty the past few years (especially when we weren’t able to make it to a salon for a blowout during lockdown). I personally was pretty content with my usual ritual of using a blow-dryer and my hair tools (and my Dyson Airwrap on occasion). But as someone who wants to look high-maintenance with a low-maintenance routine, the thought of using something that could replicate a blowout quickly and without damaging my hair was exciting. And since T3 is my all-time favorite hot tool brand, I had to give the AireBrush a proper trial.

t3-airebrush-duo-blow-dry-brush-review-297022-1639774623928-main

(Image credit: @marielodiandreakos)

Since my hair is dyed pink, I usually wash my hair every three to four days in order to retain the color better. (Thank you, dry shampoo.) When it’s time to wash it, I try to let it air dry, which results in a super frizzy mess. If I’m going out, I’ll blow-dry it and flat iron it if I have time. But with the AireBrush Duo, I’m able to cut down the time and use only one tool. The AireBrush comes with two attachments, a paddle brush for a sleek, straighter look, and a round brush for more va-va-voom. It also has five different heat settings and three speeds to choose from, plus volume boost and cool blast buttons. (Other blow-dry blushes are more limited in their settings or don’t have attachment options.)

t3-airebrush-duo-blow-dry-brush-review-297022-1639774549064-main

How to Use the T3 AireBrush Duo Blow Dry Brush

Before using the AireBrush, your hair should be about 80% wet, so you’ll want to rough-dry it using a hair dryer or let it air-dry, which is what I did. 

t3-airebrush-duo-blow-dry-brush-review-297022-1639774579184-main

Final Thoughts on the T3 AireBrush Duo Blow Dry Brush

t3-airebrush-duo-blow-dry-brush-review-297022-1639774588054-main

I decided to use the round brush, which ended up giving my hair a nice, sleek look, but not as bouncy as I’d hoped. My hair is very fine, so it can take more effort in order to get waves or a curl (usually a flat iron or a curler). Next time, I’m going to spend a little more time on the ends so they’ll flip out more. One of the best things about the AireBrush is not only how good my hair looks, but how nice it feels, too. The ends of my hair don’t feel fried at all. T3 has always been great at styling my processed hair without damaging it, and the same thing goes for the AireBrush. 

Shop More Strand-Smoothing Products Beauty Editors Love

Marie Lodi
Freelance Beauty and Fashion Writer/Editor

Marie has covered beauty, fashion, and lifestyle for almost 15 years. She contributes to the beauty section here at Who What Wear. Previously, she was the Looks Editor for Bust Magazine, built the beauty vertical at HelloGiggles as its beauty editor, and was a founding staff writer at Rookie mag, giving fashion advice to teens. Her bylines have appeared in The Cut, Allure, Glamour, The Hollywood Reporter, and more. She was born and raised in Southern California and is based in L.A. Marie is a self-proclaimed costume design nerd and a co-host of Makeover Montage, a podcast about fashion in film and costume design. You'll see her writing about her beauty obsessions: red lipstick, winged eyeliner, pink hair, nail art, and skincare for people over 40. When she's not working, she's playing with her dog, Gnocchi, and writing her style newsletter, Overdressed.