exclusive

6 Fresh Legging Outfits I Currently Live In

We'd all be lying if we didn't admit to wearing leggings about 90% of the time (the other 10% we're at the office, the beach, or in the shower). Gym or no gym, activewear is now officially a street style genre of its own, and we're certainly here for it. Don't get us wrong, though—performance is just as important as style, especially since we do actually plan on attending all of those yoga, boxing, and cycling classes we promised our besties we'd sign up for. When need activewear that works as hard as we do, we rely on JoyLab, the line we co-designed with Target. We're particularly excited about the latest drop because it hits on all our favorite trends, making these looks we're about to show you both street style– and spinning-appropriate. What more could we ask for?

Photo:

Clique Studios

We don't like to play favorites when it comes to trends, but if we did, we'd pick denim-inspired activewear. Thinking But I only wear black to exercise? Prepare to be surprised by how inside of your comfort zone denim inspired prints and colors truly are—they're just as versatile and flattering as your favorite pair of vintage jeans. Colorblocking, patchwork, and a tie-dye wash—we'll take it all. If we're really going for it in the style department, expect us to also layer on an actual denim jacket over the rest of our outfit. And let's be honest—we're almost always really going for it. Our boxing buddies and brunch buddies will be equally impressed.

Photo:

Clique Studios

When our favorite celebrities started wearing leggings and sports bras that matched their skin tones, we swore we'd never try it ourselves—but then we discovered blush shades. This shade is pink enough to not feel like we're in the buff while we're getting buff. The color is actually quite flattering, not to mention balances out the rosiness of our cheeks post-workout (a major plus for heated classes). Wear it head-to-toe or with complementary shades of white and pink. We're also really into this pair of cropped sweats, which we'll most definitely be wearing with the rest of this look the next time we're headed to the airport.

Photo:

Clique Studios

Not that they ever really left, but the '80s are back and having a major moment right now by way of bright colors, structured shoulder details, and funky patterns. The more mixed and matched, the better, especially when it comes to our activewear. By the way, we're pretty sure Jane Fonda wore a similar cropped sweatshirt in the '80s, and we're also pretty sure she'd wear this one now. And let's talk about these leggings—they're soon to be our new daily go-tos. No matter if we're in a the-more-black-the-better kind of mood or one that makes us feel like breaking out a fun print, we love the mesh detailing both pairs offer. The breathability of the fabric also comes in handy whether we're going for a long run or a leisurely stroll around the neighborhood (to burn off the ice cream we'll be getting on the way, of course).

Shop more of our favorite new JoyLab pieces, available from Target online and in-store.