I don't wear nail polish often, but I've found that nowadays when I do, I gravitate towards more timeless colors. I'm talking reds and pinks and nudes. A couple of years ago, I would have probably said, "Yawn!" because she really liked gem-colored nails. I don't know if it's because I'm older or because I don't paint my nails as often, but yup, I'm more drawn to those hues.
That's especially true if I'm buying nail polish, too. Because I don't keep an extensive collection of polishes and prefer a more pared-down approach, I tend to buy colors that will never go out of style. And for me, that's the reds, pinks, nudes, and most importantly, sheer polishes. I've been really into sheer polishes lately because they're perfect for any occasion, a bit low-key but still eye-catching, and pretty low-maintenance.
Take a look at some of the best-selling and editor-favorite sheer nail polishes below as inspiration for your next mani.
1. Olive and June Nail Polish in EC
2. NCLA Nail Lacquer in Rose Sheer
3. OPI Nail Lacquer in Bubble Bath
4. Essie Gel Couture Longwear Nail Polish in Sheer Fantasy
This sheer pink kind of camouflages with your natural nail color. The formula is chip- and fade-resistant and has high shine, so it's like getting a gel manicure at the salon.
5. Deborah Lippmann Gel Lab Pro Nail Polish in Dirty Little Secret
6. Cirque Colors Nail Polish in Dove Jelly
7. CND Vinylux in Negligee
8. OPI Nail Lacquer in Funny Bunny
9. Jinsoon Nail Polish in Nostalgia
10. Sally Hansen Color Therapy Nail Polish in Sheer Nirvana
11. Chanel Le Vernis Longwear Nail Color in Blanc White
12. Orly Nail Polish in Sweet Serenity
13. Essie Nail Polish in Of Corset
14. Olive and June Nail Polish in CHM
15. Deborah Lippmann Gel Lab Pro Nail Polish in Love at First Sight
Nail Tools to Try for Your Mani
Great for on-the-go manis, this kit has the essentials to preserve your manicure: a top coat, cuticle serum, and a nail file.