Now that I'm fully vaccinated and I've been taking my mask off more (when it's safe and while following guidelines, of course), I'm back to sporting my favorite lipsticks, lip glosses, and lip stains. As someone who used to rely on a bold lip to carry my whole makeup look, I'm really grateful for the opportunity to coat my lips in color. You see, I normally like to keep my everyday makeup look pretty minimal—some concealer, mascara, and a brow product—so when I wanted to take things up a notch but still wanted to keep my lazy, low-maintenance routine, I just applied a bold lip color and that was it.
Of course, for the past two years, I haven't worn a ton of lip products because of all the mask-wearing I was doing. And anyway, it's not like I even wore makeup most days! But now that things are opening back up and I'm heading out more, it's prime time for me to try some bold new lip looks.
One color that I've been totally fixated on is pink. Listen, I'm a huge fan of red and deep berry colors, but it's summer and I'm happy to see friends and family again and go to brunches, dinners, and gatherings, so I want a color that reflects how cheery I feel these days. Pink is just a fun, playful color that pretty much goes with any type of outfit or occasion. If you want something subtler, you can do a light pink or something that's so sheer it's almost nude. Or you can go for the classics, bubblegum pink or rose pink. And if you really want to take things up a notch, hot pink or magenta really makes a statement.
Whatever you choose, the color looks flattering on all types of skin tones, depending on the shade. So the world is your oyster when it comes to pink lipsticks basically! Here are some of the best ones, ranging from light pink to deep pink.
Charlotte Tilbury Hot Lips Lipstick in Liv It Up
2. Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Pink Sand
3. MAC Satin Lipstick in Snob
4. L'Oréal Paris Colour Riche Lipcolour in Tickled Pink
5. Pat McGrath Labs MatteTrance Lipstick in Amour
6. Glossier Generation G in Crush
7. Nars Lipstick in Roman Holiday
8. Fenty Beauty Slip Shine Sheer Shiny Lipstick in $uga Kiss
9. Bobbi Brown Luxe Matte Lipstick in True Pink
I love a pink lipstick that you can wear just about anywhere—whether it's at the office, out with friends, or on a date night. This is one of those. The matte lipstick gives just the right amount of color and it's a neutral pink shade so it goes with everything.
10. Kosas Weightless Lipstick in Rosewater
11. Tom Ford Lip Color Lipstick in Casablanca
12. Rare Beauty Lip Souffle Matte Cream Lipstick in Motivate
13. Covergirl Exhibitionist Lipstick Metallic in Love Me Later
14. Gucci Rouge à Lèvres Voile Sheer Lipstick in Vantine Fuchsia
When you look at the color in the tube you get a lot of "in your face vibes," but it actually doesn't go on as bright and bold as you think. You still get that nice, rich fuchsia color, but it's not as neon-y as you would think.
15. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Heart Breaker
16. Nyx Professional Makeup Matte Lipstick in Shocking Pink
17. MAC Matte Lipstick in All Fired Up
Products to Prep Your Lips
If you haven't tried a lip oil yet, you really should think about it. It really sinks into your lips so quickly to get the healing process started ASAP. This one has a blend of jojoba, camellia, sesame, and sunflower seed oils, plus vitamin E.