If the last year has taught me anything, it’s that getting outdoors and experiencing nature is absolutely crucial to my mental wellbeing, especially considering that I live in a big city. I’m certainly not the only one that feels this way, which is why we’ve seen such an uptick in hiking as of late—and with that, many cute hiking outfits. While, yes, what you wear to climb a mountain or stroll through the woods should be practical (at least most of the time), that doesn’t mean you can’t look good while doing so, too.
My social feeds have been a constant source of good nature ‘fit inspo, which has only motivated me to get out of the city and get active more often. Whether it’s comfy joggers paired with a cute sports bra or a full-on athleisure bodysuit, I've learned that your outdoorsy sartorial choices don't need to be bland or boring. And considering that the chunky boot trend is still going strong, there’s no better time than now to invest in a good pair of hiking boots—especially if it’s a pair you’ll be excited to wear off the trails, too.
Ahead, I rounded up the 20 hiking outfits I’m loving right now. Keep scrolling to check them out and, of course, shop them for yourself.
1. Shacket + Oversized Tee + White Leggings
2. Baseball Cap + Sports Bra + Relaxed Joggers
This look is equal parts stylish and comfy. Here, Alessandra Ambrosio pairs cozy red joggers and a casual baseball cap (great for sun protection, may I add) with a cute ruched sports bra.
3. Bucket Hat + Hoodie + Ribbed Leggings
4. Tie Dye Tank + Bike Shorts + Pastel Sneakers
Lucy Hale, an avid hiker, sure knows how to put together a solid hiking ensemble. Here, she paired a twist-front tie-dye tee with practical bike shorts, completing her look with a pair of pastel Nike sneakers.
4. Long Sleeve Romper + New Balance Sneakers + Ankle Socks
6. Stripped Leggings + Matching Sports Bra + Nike Sneakers
This is a great example of mixing and matching your neutrals. Camila Cabello paired beige and black Alo Yoga striped leggings with their matching beige sports bra, finishing off her look with black and white Nike sneakers.
7. White Crewneck + Cream Sweater + Cream Sweats
8. Gray Crewneck + Black Leggings + Neon Sneakers
Sometimes, I prefer just one pop of color over an all-over bold outfit. A great example of this is Emily Ratajkowski’s look, above, where she wore a gray cropped sweatshirt and high-rise black leggings with a pair of neon sneakers.
9. Bikini Top + Linen Pants + Platform Black Boots
10. Straw Sun Hat + Bikini + Hiking Boots
11. Black Long Sleeve Tee + Matching Leggings + Colorful Accessories
12. Oversized Hoodie + Cargo Pants + Technical Sandals
13. Purple Sports Bra + Matching Shorts + Matching Sneakers
If you’re a fan of poppy colors and monochromatic outfits, look no further than Georgia Harrison for inspiration. She matched her purple sports bra and comfy shorts with a pair of lilac running shoes, and the final look is everything.
14. Cropped Puffer Jacket + Athletic Joggers + Vans Slip-Ons
15. Colorblocked Windbreaker + Black Sweats + Black Hiking Boots
16. Baseball Cap + Muscle Tee + Allbirds Sneakers
Considering how much of a workout hiking can be, I love throwing on sporty look to hit the trails. The above outfit via Eva Longoria is a perfect example. Breathable, woven sneakers like this pair from Allbirds make for a comfortable hike—no matter how many miles it may be—and a baseball tee, muscle tank, and sleek joggers make for a look that’s stylish and put together, yet still practical.
17. Sage Sports Bra + Matching Leggings + Chunky Knit Sweater
17. Oversized Sweatshirt + Printed Leggings + Hiking Boots
19. Black Puffer Jacket + Red Sports Bra + Matching Leggings
Red is a surefire way to stand out, and I’m loving this matching set worn by Zoey Deutch. Paired with a thin (but warm) puffer jacket? The perfect put-together look for a fall hike.
20. Cropped Hoodie + Matching Shorts + White Sneakers