Vitamin C is recommended by so many derms for its ability to banish discoloration and leave your skin totally illuminated, all without a trip to your facialist. Naturally, that means I want it in my routine as much as possible. A little-known fact, however, is that you actually may not need a whole separate serum to really get that megawatt look every day.
Behold the vitamin C moisturizer—an equally luminous sister that deserves just as much attention as the serum. Any time you'd like to receive a major complexion boost, tack one of these creams on at the end of your skincare routine and watch the magic happen. Instead of making you search far and wide for the right one, I've rounded up the absolute best vitamin C moisturizers below that will give you that warm, vibrant look all year round.
1. Sunday Riley C.E.O. Vitamin C Rich Hydration Cream
For a brightening boost and extra rich hydration, you'll want to reach for Sunday Riley's velvety formula. A quick note, however, is that this moisturizer does contain a citrus essential oil that is known to be photosensitive. This means that if worn during the day, it could potentially cause dark spots if you don't wear sunscreen or have extra sensitive skin. It's still a great brightening moisturizer, just remember to exercise caution.
2. Laneige Radian-C Cream with Vitamin C
3. Freck Beauty Rich Bitch Cactus + Vitamin C Moisturizer
4. Kate Somerville +Retinol Vitamin C Moisturizer
5. Renée Roulaeu Glow Enhancing Creme
You aren't truly getting your glow on unless you've tried this moisturizer, plain and simple. Renée Rouleau is simply a wizard and created this luxe cream that's rich in barrier-repairing lipids. Dullness is usually caused by a weak barrier so combining these lipids with vitamin C boosts and repairs skin like no other.
6. Alpyn Beauty Triple Vitamin C Brightening Bounce Cream
Alpyn Beauty's creamy moisturizer is hands-down one of the best vitamin C moisturizers out there. It includes other wild-crafted actives like aloe and wild chokecherry to brighten and tighten with a simple swipe of your fingers.
7. Peter Thomas Roth Potent-C Bright Plump Moisturizer
You thought this brand's eye-tightening formula was good? Wait until you try its Potent-C Bright Plump Moisturizer. Much like another formula we know and love (Psst, SkinCeuticals' C E Ferulic ($166), it features vitamin C and ferulic acid along with vitamin E to minimize fine lines.
8. Olay Vitamin C + Peptide 24 Face Moisturizer
9. Olehenrikson C-Rush Vitamin C Gel Moisturizer
10. Avalon Organics Gel Cream Moisturizer With Vitamin C
11. Dr. Dennis Gross C + Collagen Deep Cream
12. RoC Multi Correxion Revive + Glow Vitamin C Face Moisturizer
For a long-lasting, vitamin C–rich cream, try RoC's magical moisturizer. It provides deep hydration and an overall glow for up to 24 hours.
13. Typology Antioxidant Face Moisturizer 5% Vitamin C + Lemon Water
If you want to moisturize like an effortlessly cool French person, try Paris-based brand Typology's vitamin C– and lemon water–infused cream.
14. Ren Clean Skincare Glow Daily Vitamin C Gel
15. Belif Aqua Bomb Brightening Vitamin C Cream
16. TruSkin Vitamin C Face Moisturizer
17. The Inkey List Vitamin B, C, and E Moisturizer
Yeah, it's possible to snatch one of the best vitamin C moisturizers around at a budget price. This one from the Inkey List makes the cut for the addition of niacinamide and vitamin E for oil control and reduced redness. Basically, it's a must if you have acne-prone skin.
18. Fresh Vitamin C Glow Moisturizer