Picture this: It's the end of a very long day of emails, meetings, running around, dealing with people… You know, all the stressful stuff. You get home and all you want to do is lie down—anywhere, really, because you're so exhausted. Normally, when I have those days, I run into my apartment, immediately change into my pajamas, attempt to pull dinner together or order something, and lie down on my couch or bed and look at my phone for hours. It's not the best wind-down routine, I know, especially with the phone part because that can cause some anxiety if I look at my emails again or doomscroll.
But lately, I've been trying to find out new ways to de-stress, and one of my favorite coping strategies has been to take a bath. I was never really a bath person before this, but now I understand why it can be such a relaxing experience. I turn on the faucet, light some candles, play some music, and throw in some bath salts. And when it comes to bath salts, there are so many, but I'm particularly fond of the detox ones right now. Not only do they make me feel relaxed and calm, but they also make me feel like I'm able to wash all the grime and bad stuff from my body. I feel so refreshed and clean afterward.
My favorite detox bath salts right now are Dr. Teal's Detoxify & Energize salts, which are formulated with pure Epsom salt, essential oils, ginger, and clay. The salt in it is so good at soothing any soreness, so it's great for any post-workout recovery or if you're dealing with pain or tightness from sitting all day. The ginger and clay in the formula work to draw out impurities and cleanse the body. Did I mention it also just smells really good? Plus, you can't beat the price—it's about $16 for a pack of two three-pound bags.
If you're looking for a similar effect, here are some detox bath salts that you're going to want to add to your routine.
1. Goop G.Tox Detox 5 Salt Bath Soak
2. Costa Brazil Bath Salt
3. Better Bath Better Body Detox Bath Salt
4. Odacité Energy Awakening Evergreen Bath Soak
5. African Botanics Le Vert Tranquil Green Clay Soak
6. Herbivore Botanicals Detox Soaking Salts
7. Pursoma Digital Detox Bath Soak
8. Tree Hut Detoxifying Mediterranean Salt Soak
9. Aveda Stress-Fix Soaking Salts
10. Vie Healing Paidu Orange Detox Hamami Bath Salts
11. Honest Soak It Up Bath Salts
12. Midnight Paloma Fizzy Bath Soak
13. Enviromedica Magnetic Clay Bath
14. African Botanics Kalahari Desert De-Tox Bath Salts
African Botanics' bath salts feature a unique blend of ingredients: mineral-rich salt to detoxify and relax the body; seaweed to relieve skin conditions like psoriasis, eczema, and acne; and caffeine to improve the appearance of cellulite.
15. Bathorium Charcoal Garden Detox Crush
More Bath Products to Shop