I'm really not sure why, at my age and in my profession, I've still found myself searching for a black leather handbag—yet here we are. It shouldn't be too much to ask to find one that fits the things I actually need every day, is elevated enough for evening, and generally just feels like a classic without being a total snoozefest. Amid all the fresh new handbag drops, we finally have a contender for the title of Best Black Handbag for F/W 18. Here's the deal…
WHAT IT IS:
At first glance, the new Elissa bag is 100% timeless, with that luxe black leather and the chic gold hardware. The DKNY charm detail gives the minimalistic crossbody just the right on-trend touch—F/W 18 is definitely all about the logo.
WHY I NEED TO HAVE IT:
For the sake of efficiency, here's a shortlist of all the things I love about this DKNY handbag:
• It's cool without being too trendy.
• It's chic without being fashun.
• It fits my sunglasses and my iPhone 8+.
• It also fits my boyfriend's iPhone 8+ when he's wearing his pants that only have pretend pockets.
• It comes in at the super-friendly price point of $168 (more than fair given the quality of the bag). It's exactly enough to make it feel like an investment without making me feel guilty when my mum asks about it.
WHERE TO GET IT: