9 Style Secrets That Bloggers Know (and You Don't)
From posting the perfect Instagram caption to planning endless #ootd photos, bloggers have it down when it comes to promoting their personal style. While all this may seem overwhelming to some, today we're sharing a few themes popular among top bloggers when it comes to fashion tips.
Yes, we're spilling the secrets and tricks the most powerful bloggers in the industry swear by. The best part? We've included simple ways to try each trick. Follow these style "secrets" and suggestions for how you can easily adopt the advice, and your style will receive a mini blogger-inspired makeover.
Find out nine blogger fashion tips that will totally transform your style below!
1. Go big or go home when it comes to wearing stripes.
On Chriselle Lim: Storets Lover Gonna Slip Dress ($128); Derek Lam Kyoto Embroidered Laser-Cut Leather Flats; Gaia's Ark Handbag ($98); Mykita + Maison Margiela MM Transfer 003 Sunglasses ($899).
2. White accessories are an understated way to make your outfit pop.
On Pernille Teisbaek: Lowe Print T-Shirt Black ($275); Céline pants.
3. A top that ties in the front wins every time.
On Tanesha Awasthi: Olivia Palermo + Chelsea28 Stripe Bustier; Old Navy Mid-Rise Rockstar Built-In Sculpt Jeans ($50); Humble Chic 360 Diamond Studs ($20); Lauren Ralph Lauren Gold-Tone Bangle Bracelet Set ($48).
4. You can pair a denim jacket with nearly any dress in your closet.
On Julie Sariñana: d.RA Georgia Dress; Lovers + Friends jacket; Soludos Tulip Lace Tall Wedge ($95).
5. A structured bag and polished shoes will elevate any outfit.
On Jessie Bush: House of Sunny Open Back Coast Top ($59); Levi jeans; Topshop heels; Henri Bendel Uptown Mini Satchel ($268).
6. Fall isn't the only season that's great for layering your clothes. Try combinations using lighter fabrics in the summer.
On Saray Martín: Bershka Canalé Ankle-Grazer Dress ($21), Oversized Cropped Overshirt ($40), and Small Leather Bag ($24).
7. Perfecting the way you cuff your sleeves is a must. Need some inspiration? Try our J.Crew-approved tutorial.
On Camille Charrière: Alexander McQueen top; Isabel Marant skirt; Senso trainers.
8. Always try the season's biggest trend in an unexpected way.
On Karen Blanchard: Zara top; H&M Culottes ($25); Robert Clergerie Alice Loafers ($495); Street Vendor sunglasses; Chanel purse.
9. There's a world beyond simple white button-down shirts. Opt for styles with an interesting detail instead.
On Courtney Trop: Ammara Marlene Top ($350); Aperlai Emanuelle Suede Slingback Sandals ($249); Anissa Kermiche Précieux Pubis Doré Necklace ($473); J.W. Anderson Logo Plaque Shoulder Bag ($1011).
Now head here for the most important basics, according to fashion bloggers.
Opening Image: We the People