Fact: The Trendiest Sneakers on Amazon and Nordstrom Are All Under $100

best sneakers under $100



I get a certain thrill from coming across trendy fashion buys that come in at under $100 (I even have a monthly roundup dedicated to these cool and budget-friendly finds), and I just couldn't wait until next month to share my latest finds. The internet is overflowing with excellent sneakers that fall squarely in the category of trendy and affordable and you need to be aware of it.

You see, as I went to survey all of 2020's trending sneakers, I made my way to Nordstrom and Amazon—two retailers who kill it in their sneaker sections. I realized that approximately 90% of the styles I was bookmarking happen to be priced under $100 and that the other 10% were on sale at Nordstrom and therefore now in that price category. It seemed too good to be true, but alas, the below roundup of the best sneakers under $100 proves otherwise.

So what are the sneakers trending at the moment? Retro, throwback styles are everywhere thanks to brands like Nike and Reebok, who are releasing styles from the '70s and '80s archives and the fashion world's newfound fascination with New Balance's normcore-esque kicks. To get a sense of what's trending and shop all the styles, just keep scrolling.

Nike Daybreak

Nike's newest (and much-hyped) sneakers are actually a throwback to its 1979 marathon running shoe, but the retro details like nylon and suede and the cool color combinations it comes in actually make the Daybreak feel very current.

New Balance 574

best New Balance sneakers under $100



Meet 2020's version of "dad" sneakers. While chunky soles defined the "ugly" sneakers movement before, now it's all about the practical and "boring" look, which New Balance's old-school runners have on lock. NB's neutral gray, beige, and white sneakers, in particular, have been well-adopted by the celeb set.

Reebok Club C 85 Vintage

Sensing a theme here? Because I sure am. Throwback and retro sneakers are leading the trend pack these days, and Reebok's popular low-top kicks are another sneaker that should be on your radar. They have the word "vintage" in their name.

Nike Air Max Dia

Another day, another cool pair of Air Max sneakers to emerge. Since each new spin Nike puts on them seems to really take off, it's no surprise that their latest would do the same. Featuring a translucent upper and smooth, futuristic soles, the Air Max Dia is sleeker than the others.

best Adidas sneakers under $100



Adidas' modern runners give a nod to the chunky-sole trend but with a toned-down version that feels fresh. The '80s-style kicks are still performance-driven but are built for a street style aesthetic, which we can imagine fashion girls wearing alongside pretty printed dresses.

Vans Old Skool

These classic Vans are nothing new, but we're deeming them "trendy" thanks to a number of new versions the brand is designing these days, like the below psychedelic print.