Winter means boots, loafers, flats… basically all close-toed shoes. But just because your toes aren't on full display during this time of year doesn't mean you have to forgo your routine pedicures if you don't want to. In fact, why not make it a nice little treat for yourself, whether it's an at-home ritual or something you like to get done at the salon? There's just something a little bit mysterious and secretive about knowing that you've got some pretty or unique colors on your toes underneath your footwear. Or is that just me?
Either way, in my opinion, pedicure season is an all-year-long thing, so don't let wintry temps stop you from painting your toes when you really want to. And hey, because they're not fully on display, you can even experiment with some colors you wouldn't normally try on your toes, like, say, neon, metallic, or even white. It's also the perfect time of year to try out darker colors on your toes.
Take a look at some winter pedicure inspiration below.
1. Essie Nail Polish in Deep Red Wine
2. Essie Nail Polish in Wicked
3. Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Nail Color in Midnight Drive
4. J.Hannah Nail Polish in Blue Nudes
5. Olive and June Nail Polish in Into the Trees
6. Londontown Lakur Enhanced Colour in Vibe
Glitter and Metallics
7. OPI Nail Lacquer in Worth a Pretty Penne
8. Orly Nail Lacquer in In the Moonlight
9. Sephora Collection Color Hit Mini Nail Polish in 72 Girls Night Out
Nudes and Neutrals
10. Chanel Le Vernis Longwear Nail Colour in Particulière
11. China Glaze Nail Polish in The Snuggle Is Real
12. OPI Infinite Shine Nail Lacquer in It Never Ends
You don't have to worry about any chipping or dullness with this polish—it's formulated to deliver up to 11 days of gel-like wear and shine.
13. Emilie Heathe Nail Artist Nail Polish in Big Night Out
14. OPI Infinite Shine Long-Wear Nail Polish in Lincoln Park After Dark
Lincoln Park After Dark is an iconic nail polish that, in my opinion, will never go out of style. It's the perfect balance of almost black and a deep, rich purple.
15. Olive and June Nail Polish in 100% Chance
16. Zoya Nail Polish in Genevieve
17. Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear in White On
18. Deborah Lippmann Gel Lab Pro Nail Color in A Fine Romance
19. Cirque Colors Nail Polish in Gossip
20. China Glaze Nail Lacquer in I'm With the Lifeguard
21. Orly Nail Lacquer in Oh Snap
Tools for Your Next DIY Pedicure
This article was originally published at an earlier date and has since been updated.