I'm not the type of person to spend a ton of money on makeup. Skincare? Yes, I will do it (but rather guiltily). Makeup? I don't normally splurge that often. Sure, I love the expensive brands and I do own a $50 foundation, but it's not something I do on the regular. And there's just something so thrilling about finding a go-to drugstore or affordable makeup option that's just as good as the pricey versions.
I will say, though, that there are a few expensive makeup products that I don't mind dropping money on because they're worth it. And they make me feel so luxe. One of those is a YSL lipstick. Do these lipsticks cost almost $40? Yes. But do they make me feel rich? Also yes.
YSL has different lipstick options, from matte versions, to ones with a satin finish, and even an amazing lip stain. They're all pretty great, but my go-to is the Rouge Volupté Shine Lipstick Balm. I love that it's super hydrating and leaves just the right amount of shine. Whenever I wear it, I get a ton of compliments and I feel a little fancier because I'm wearing a designer product on my lips. Hey, if I can't afford a closet full of YSL clothes and accessories just yet, at least I have the iconic brand's makeup on my vanity.
Take a look at some of the best YSL lipstick options for every skin tone below.
For Deep and Dark Skin Tones
1. Rouge Volupté Shine Lipstick Balm in Plum Tunique
2. Rouge Pur Couture Satin Lipstick Collection in Midnight LA
This dark and deep crimson that has brown tones is just pure sophistication. Seriously, to me, it feels like a very grown-up color. It has a creamy satin finish, too.
3. Tatouage Couture Velvet Cream Matte Liquid Lipstick in Nude Sedition
This velvety, matte lipstick is a nude that's a mix between brown and mauve. The hue is like taking your natural lip color to the next level.
4. Vinyl Cream Lip Stain in Psychedelic Chili
For Tan Skin Tones
5. Rouge Volupté Shine Lipstick Balm in Rose Nu
6. Rouge Pur Couture Satin Lipstick Collection in Rouge Audacieux
This red lipstick has warm undertones, which works so well on tan skin tones. It only takes a swipe of the product to get full, rich coverage. Plus, it lasts for up to six hours.
7. The Slim Velvet Radical Matte Lipstick in Nude Pulsion
For a semi-matte option, this lipstick formula contains silky oils so it's so comfortable to wear and doesn't crack. The color is so natural-looking—it's perfect for any occasion, especially if you want to do a no-makeup makeup look.
8. Tatouage Couture Velvet Cream Matte Liquid Lipstick in Coral Symbol
How bold do you want to go? If you want to go big, this bright red coral will do the trick. And with a velvety matte finish, it looks so chic.
For Olive Skin Tones
9. Rouge Volupté Shine Lipstick Balm in Rouge Studio
10. Tatouage Couture Velvet Cream Matte Liquid Lipstick in Beige Underground
This beige-pink option is just so pretty and natural-looking. The liquid lipstick leaves a matte finish, but it's not drying at all—it actually feels creamy when you put it on.
11. Rouge Pur Couture The Slim Matte Lipstick in Contrary Fuchsia
Talk about a bold pop of color. This fuchsia matte lipstick is one you'll want to wear if your goal is a statement lip. The full-coverage find is long-lasting, too.
12. Rouge Pur Couture Satin Lipstick in Pink Celebration
And on the subject of statement lips, what about this pink lipstick that gives off very Barbie vibes? It will also look so good on just about any skin tone.
For Fair Skin Tones
13. Rouge Pur Couture Satin Lipstick Collection in Rosy Nude
14. Vinyl Cream Lip Stain in Burgundy Vibes
15. Rouge Pur Couture Slim Velvet Radical Matte Lipstick in Rouge Paradoxe
This particular red had a tinge of pink, so it's perfect if you don't want to do something that's all-out vampy. The matte finish is super sophisticated.
16. Rouge Volupté Shine Lipstick Balm in Smoking Plum
More YSL Beauty Finds
A true multitasker, this product is both a highlighting and finishing powder. It provides light coverage and leaves a totally radiant finish.