At the forefront of one of the most hotly-anticipated films of the summer—The Giver, in theaters this Friday—is Odeya Rush, a blue-eyed beauty with acting chops well beyond her 17 years. And as the recipient of this year’s Teen Choice Breakout Star award, Rush finds herself with a promising career ahead. So what should you know about this tastemaker-in-the-making? We have your must-read primer below.
1. Rush was born in Israel and lived there until she was nine years old. Her name means “Thank God” in Hebrew.
2. Rush started her career as a model.
3. Rush’s first feature film was The Odd Life of Timothy Green.
4. Rush has been cast as the female lead opposite Jack Black in the film adaptation of Goosebumps, hitting theaters in 2015.
5. When it comes to fashion, Rush credits her personal style as being a blend of tomboy and girly, and lists Alice + Olivia and Valentino among her favorite designers.