Lady Gaga, who's been largely under-the-radar as of late (aside from her obsessive Instagram posts about her new puppy Asia), is making a major comeback: she nabbed the cover of Harper's Bazaar's September issue, styled by Carine Roitfeld. Chanel artistic director Karl Lagerfeld interviews her for the cover story, and (needless to say) she's full of wise tidbits.
Below, find out our five favorite quotes from her Harper's Bazaar interview!
1. "She does not have a personal maid yet, but I adore making her little presents and cooking her homemade puppy food. She has really shown me the importance of living in the moment. If I don't, I'll miss a precious look on her face! She is a very romantic and loving animal, and this sort of poetry is what art is all about, I think. Interaction." —on her dog Asia
2. "I've been recently enjoying looking far and wide for the best vintage fashion I can find. Clothing with a story, a past. Heavy fabrics, jewels, veils. My latest trip is feeling a connection to all women throughout history through fashion. —on her latest fashion obsessions
3. "Tony has completely changed my life. It's been a sort of secret that I've been singing jazz since I was 13. I was a jazz singer before I was a pop singer. Tony is such a gentleman. He really treats me like a lady. I feel so healed by my relationship with him because some men were very bad to me when I was young and in the studio. —on her forthcoming jazz album with Tony Bennett
4. "I bring lots of vintage pieces with me—jewels, hats, bags—and I'm also very fortunate to get sent beautiful couture and runway looks all over the world. I just wear what makes me feel good for the day." —on how she dresses when she's traveling
5. "Right now I'm enjoying feeling like a lady. Wearing dresses, in love, walking Asia in gardens, singing jazz with Tony Bennett." —on her current inspirations
6. "I'm in a way wearing the same outfit over and over, but I'm just a different expression of the same woman." —on her infamously eccentric style
Head to Harper's Bazaar to read the full story and see more stunning photos of Gaga!