Fashion often gets a bad rap for propigating cutthroat, overwhelming environments, but that’s as much a myth as the one that claims the industry is endlessly glamorous. It’s not all scary and intense—in fact, there’s a lot of fun to be had in the fashion world! And the emergence of startup culture, with its preference for innovation and taking the road less traveled, has only contributed to fashion’s playful side.
Fashion companies today—startups or not—simply must add some fun into the mix if they want to compete. Prospective employees have grown more discerning about their career choices as their options have grown considerably more appealing. To find out which fashion companies were truly taking notes and bringing to life the “work hard, play hard" ethos I dug around and found the below businesses to have the coolest perks around.
Scroll down to find out which companies would be a blast to work for!
WHO: An e-commerce company known mostly for Gilt.com which provides members with exclusive access to private sales of their favorite brands, such as Missoni or Levi's, at up to 70% off retail.
- Unlimited vacation
- Speaker series with industry leaders
- In-office game room
- Seasonal food + events, including but not limited to: spiked hot chocolate bars, sangria bars, cider and doughnuts, a "Make Your Own Bouqet" event, and a guacamole bar for Cinco de Mayo.
- In-office massages and weekly visits from the nail service Manicube (for a fee)
- A food service called Fooda that delivers to the office from a new gourmet vendor daily
- Damage sales where lightly damaged items are sold for very cheap
- Substantial employee discounts and a shopping allowance
Smith & Cult Nailed Lacquer in Bitter Buddhist ($18)
Which of these perks did you find most surprising? Let us know in the comments!