The way we see it, lingerie can go one of two ways: purposely provocative or angelically sweet. While we certainly enjoy both, lately we've gravitated towards the latter and believe you should too this Valentine's Day. What is the look exactly? Think: subtly sexy silhouettes in spring's palette-cleansing pastels. Naturally, the delicate confections on the S/S 12 runways serve as the perfect inspiration, specifically Calvin Klein Collection's Nude Silk Crepe Pleated Panel Dress ($5995, 212.292.9000) with Silk Crepe Fluted Hem Camisole ($1495, 212.292.9000) and Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti's mint green Lace Halterneck Dress ($1195, 212.460.5500). With those ladylike pieces fresh in our mind, we gathered a heavenly assortment of underpinnings, all with a similar vintage boudoir spirit. So whether you decide on a pretty bra and panty set or opt for a seductive slip, today's installment of WWW Picks is filled with pieces sure to leave a lasting impression!
1. Calvin Klein Perfectly Fit Push-Up Bra ($38) and Bikini w/ Lace ($15) in Ivory w/ Bellini Lace Trim For skivvies that are inviting, but not overly complicated, Calvin Klein is our go-to label. Currently, we're all about the look of the Fit Push-Up Bra and matching Bikini. Though relatively straightforward, they have a sweetly girlish charm in the form of blush pink trim. Bonus points for their truly comfortable fit!
2. Affinitas Julia Bustier ($50) and Thong ($15) in Champagne Beige
One of the things we love most about this champagne bustier and thong set is its understated sex appeal. Though sultry in design-the top's boning instantly whittles the waistline, while contour cups accentuate the bust-feminine details, like ruffled trim and a satin bow, keep the separates looking chic and innocent.
3. Eberjey Anouk Underwire Bra ($53) and Boy-Thong ($35) in Shitake
In case you didn't already know, Eberjey is responsible for creating some of the most flattering and irresistible lingerie available. We love everything from their fancy teddies to their stylish slip dresses, but right now we're committed to the naughty-meets-nice spirit of the Anouk Bra and Thong. Though the set oozes ladylike charm with tiny pink bows and scalloped trim, it's still completely seductive, thanks to the intricate sheer lace. Pretty to you and sexy to him-now that's the perfect kind of lingerie!
4. Julianna Rae Silk Tresor Chemise ($189) in French Vanilla
If your taste in lingerie veers a bit more traditional, we suggest investing in a timeless slip dress instead, like Julianna Rae's Silk Tresor Chemise. With a thigh-grazing hemline, this incredibly soft nightgown offers just the right amount of coverage, while still maintaining a beautiful and luxurious look.
5. Brulee Vamp Soft Bra ($118) and Boy Short ($72) in Silver w/ Cream
For those of you who fancy slightly sporty silhouettes, definitely check out Brulee's Vamp Soft Bra and matching Boy Shorts. We're enamored with the minimalist look of these silky knickers, which are available in this gorgeous silver and cream mix as well as five other delightful combinations. Of course we're also fond of the peek-a-boo sheer mesh accent on the bottoms-a feature your admirer will surely appreciate too!
6. Lola Haze Daisy Teddy ($139) in Light Blue
The Daisy Teddy by Lola Haze might just be our most beloved piece in today's story-and for good reason! It's perfectly sheer and comes in the prettiest shade of pale blue. We also quite like the ruffled detailing on the bodice, as it brings an extra element of softness and femininity to the bodysuit. Consider this teddy, which manages to appear both seductive and elegant, a must-buy.
7. Undrest Silk Chiffon Triangle Bralette ($180, 310.360.0055) and Tap Shorts w/ Chantilly Lace Trim ($180, 310.360.0055) in French Pink
If you're aiming to look provocative in a sweet way, we've got just the lingerie for you: Undrest's Silk Chiffon Triangle Bralette and Tap Shorts. Slip into these slinky, flirtatious separates with contrasting lace trim after a hard day at the office and you'll instantly feel chic all evening long. Though perfect for a night in, we think the bralette would also look lovely worn during the day peeking out from underneath a slip dress.-Jessica Baker