What happens in the boudoir is entirely your own business, but we hope you don't mind if we weigh in on just one aspect: your lingerie drawer. What you wear underneath your clothes certainly reflects your sense of style, but also allows you to channel a different persona entirely if you so choose, which is why we find lingerie shopping an important task. For inspiration, we looked to the S/S 13 collections, which ran the gamut from Jill Stuart's vintage-inspired Lisa Romper ($628, 212.343.2300) to Rochas' subtly provocative, shimmery two-piece. With Valentine's Day quickly approaching, it's the perfect time to indulge in pretty little underthings, and we promise today's roundup will leave you feeling--and looking--irresistible.Get The Look
1. Elle Macpherson Intimates Lush Bloom Bra ($62, available on March 15th) and Bikini ($30, available on March 15th) in Estate Blue/Jet
Elle MacPherson's intimates line is prized for its incredible fit, meaning you don't have to sacrifice comfort for sultry appeal. Intricate black lace adorns this attention-grabbing set for a flirtatious and enticing result.
2. La Perla Maison Lace-Trimmed Silk-Blend Satin Camisole ($420) and Briefs ($320)
It was love at first sight when we spotted La Perla's lustrous silky camisole and knickers trimmed in exquisite lace. This confection, ideal for lounging around at home, is decidedly feminine and sophisticated.
3. Calvin Klein Underwear Stretch-Lace Underwired Plunge Bra ($44) and Briefs ($24)
Sometimes, simple works best when it comes to lingerie. Calvin Klein Underwear's set combines fashion and function, showcasing your decolletage in a sweet, understated way.
4. Equipment Silk Robe ($345)
Investing in an elegant silk robe is a smart option too. We suggest Equipment's tuxedo-inspired version--classic with just a touch of sex appeal.
5. Stella McCartney Clara Whispering Stretch-Silk Soft-Cup Bra ($125) and Thong ($65)
No drawer of unmentionables would be complete without a set like this: soft-to-the-touch, ladylike, and versatile enough to wear under almost anything.
6. True&Co. Cabin Fever Bra ($88) and Panty ($55) in Sugar
This innocent-looking pairing is as sweet as sugar, but semi-sheer lace bits hint that you're not quite an angel. In other words, it's the very definition of naughty but nice!
7. Brulee Boudoir Soft Bra ($145) and Boy Short ($85)
We're all for color, especially when it comes in the form of these slightly racy underpinnings from Brulee. A mix of peek-a-boo mesh panels and vibrant colored silk exudes sporty yet seductive charm.--Tiffany Tse
All runway photos, courtesy of the designer.