What do I wear on a road trip?
Road trips are a time-honored tradition, but just because you're going to be sitting in a car for hours doesn't mean you need to look completely sloppy. If you're looking for an outfit that's just as comfortable as sweats, but a little more stylish, we have some essential options for you.
1. Flowy Skirt Jeans can be confining if you're going to sit for a long time, so we suggest starting with a breezy maxi or midi skirt. Also worth noting: a print skirt is always good for hiding wrinkles or spills.
2. Slouchy Shorts Again, the idea is to look for relaxed silhouettes—you don't want anything that digs in when you're sitting—which is why we like the idea of slouchy shorts in a print, like paisley or leopard.
3. Lightweight Layered Tops Pair your relaxed skirt or slouchy shorts with a classic boatneck t-shirt or racer-back tank, and then add layers, like an unbuttoned chambray shirt, army jacket with a drawstring waist, or a bright hoodie or sweatshirt.
4. Fabulous Flats Obviously this is not the time for your most fashion-forward heels. Instead, keep things low-key but cool with a bright or metallic sandal, stylish slip-on, or timeless lace-up sneaker.
5. Sunglasses, Scarves, & Chapeaux Finally, be sure to grab some key accessories, including a great pair of sunnies, a casual hat (which will also hide messy travel hair), and perhaps an oversized lightweight scarf or two or three.