Now, if this story sounds Â"familiarÂ" in concept, you might better know it as The Article Formerly Known As Single White Female. Last monthÂ's SWF: Kate Moss gave many readers angst over the title as they thought we were racist or sexist or anti-marriage. For the record, we are none of these things (well, maybe the last one a little bit). We thought the title was a funny reference to the fantastically creepy stalker movieÂ--you clearly did not. As we are not into the ruckus the title caused, weÂ've changed the storyÂ's name but kept the concept the same. Do read on for our imitation-as-flattery redux.
TodayÂ's Style Stalker looks at Nicole Richie at work and at play. First up is play (the look on the left). Leave it to Richie to pull off one of the seasonÂ's coolest and most difficult trends to wearÂ--the romper. Also known as a playsuit or jumper, Richie paired her McQ Navy Button-up Jumper with a medium Balenciaga motorcycle bag, oversized sunglasses, and tan suede Louboutins for a day of shopping in Beverly Hills.
When work calls (she just finished filming E!Â's The Simple Life Goes To Camp, debuts May 28th) she is equally impeccably attired. For this look (pictured right), Richie chose an Emilio Pucci batwing dress and one of the seasonÂ's must have shoes, Christian Louboutin Very Prive Peep-toe Platforms. Read on for details on how to get these outfitsÂ--both exact items and similar styles are included.
1. As we mentioned above, RichieÂ's actual jumper is by McQ. ($524, electricladyland.com) We located a fantastic version of this item for significantly less, TopshopÂ's Button Through Playsuit, seen above. ($80, topshop.com)
2. While RichieÂ's medium black leather Balenciaga motorcycle bag has been a continual trend for ages, we also like the similar feeling of this Linea Pelle tote. ($172.50, lineapelle.com)
3. This richly colored coral Emilio Pucci batwing dress was a stunner on the spring runway, and will make quite the statement everywhere else too. ($5220, net-a-porter.com)
4. When anything but the best just wonÂ't do, take a cue from a Louboutin fan like Richie and go for the red sole. ($720, at select Saks Fifth Avenue stores, 1.877.551.SAKS for locations)
5. If you want Richie-style major sunglasses without the major price tag, look for these Marc by Marc Jacobs Oversized Square Sunglasses. ($85, intermix.com)
6. An easy way to lengthen your legs (especially when youÂ're tiny like Richie) is to pull on a pair of tan heels. This extra tall, Xcite slingback by Pelle Moda isnÂ't the Christian Louboutin shoe our Style Stalker chose, but we think theyÂ're pretty darn close. ($114.99, piperlime.com)
7. Cinch a braided, gold, woven belt around your for a thrifty final touch. ($6.80, forever21.com)