Models, like stylists, generally fall into one of two camps when it comes to what they wear off-duty. They either dress like they're completely apathetic about clothes or they wear unidentifiable, fantastically cool outfits. Guess which category Gemma Ward fall into? As the Australian stunner is one of our favorite models to watch, we thought she'd make a perfect Style Stalker.
Part of the reason we're fans of Gemma Ward's look because she rarely wears those instantly recognizable designer pieces. While this makes pinpointing her exact shirt for a story a wildly difficult task, it does lend itself to today's story.
Ward-watchers know that Gemma has a few signature items she never leaves the house without. She's a big fan of bags with long straps (worn over the shoulder or across-body), almost always wears a belt, and the majority of the time can be found in flats.
In the first look, Gemma spiced up a simple, single shoulder, black dress with one of fall's most important accessories, the interlocking belt. Topshop's red and gold elastic belt is an inexpensive and darling addition to anyone's closet. A long strap, gold metallic bag and classic, black peep-toe heels complete the stalk.
The second look makes a strong argument against matchy-matchyness. Unlike some red carpet relics, Gemma mashes tan, black, and gray accessories to great effect. The proportions of the dress are exactly right-the long sleeves balance the short hemline and bright color. As for shoes, while there are lots of cap-toe shoes this season, we liked the soft color and black accents of the pair above. If you simply must have a flat with a black patent leather toe, head to Steve Madden's website where you can custom design a pair for under $100. We created a classic low heel (AKA round-toe flat) in tan nubuck with black patent leather trim and cap-toe that's beyond cute. Doing it ourselves is quite fun! Click here to design your own!
1. Gem Ruched Across Body Bag, $24, asos.com
2. Kate Moss Topshop Dobby Spot Dress, $120, barneyscoop.com
3. Horseshoe Buckle Elastic Belt, $30, topshop.com
4. Steven Giddie heels, $99.95, zappos.com
5. Camper Twins flats in Beige, $135, piperlime.com
6. Forever 21 LS Knit Dress in Burgundy, $15.80, forever21.com
7. Martin Margiela belt in Light Gray, $48, yoox.com
8. Pierre Hardy Suede and Nappa bag in Havana/Brown, $1285, pierrehardy.com (Barneys also had this bag recently. It's no longer online, but check the stores near you.)