Part of the reason we're fans of Gemma Ward's look because she rarely wears those instantly recognizable designer pieces. While this makes pinpointing her exact shirt for a story a wildly difficult task, it does lend itself to today's story.
Ward-watchers know that Gemma has a few signature items she never leaves the house without. She's a big fan of bags with long straps (worn over the shoulder or across-body), almost always wears a belt, and the majority of the time can be found in flats.
In the first look, Gemma spiced up a simple, single shoulder, black dress with one of fall's most important accessories, the interlocking belt. Topshop's red and gold elastic belt is an inexpensive and darling addition to anyone's closet. A long strap, gold metallic bag and classic, black peep-toe heels complete the stalk.
The second look makes a strong argument against matchy-matchyness. Unlike some red carpet relics, Gemma mashes tan, black, and gray accessories to great effect. The proportions of the dress are exactly right-the long sleeves balance the short hemline and bright color. As for shoes, while there are lots of cap-toe shoes this season, we liked the soft color and black accents of the pair above. If you simply must have a flat with a black patent leather toe, head to Steve Madden's website where you can custom design a pair for under $100. We created a classic low heel (AKA round-toe flat) in tan nubuck with black patent leather trim and cap-toe that's beyond cute. Doing it ourselves is quite fun! Click here to design your own!
1. Gem Ruched Across Body Bag, $24, asos.com
2. Kate Moss Topshop Dobby Spot Dress, $120, barneyscoop.com
3. Horseshoe Buckle Elastic Belt, $30, topshop.com
4. Steven Giddie heels, $99.95, zappos.com
5. Camper Twins flats in Beige, $135, piperlime.com
6. Forever 21 LS Knit Dress in Burgundy, $15.80, forever21.com
7. Martin Margiela belt in Light Gray, $48, yoox.com
8. Pierre Hardy Suede and Nappa bag in Havana/Brown, $1285, pierrehardy.com (Barneys also had this bag recently. It's no longer online, but check the stores near you.)