- 1 of 13Dressing for the red carpet--whether it's for a film premiere, an awards show, or a prestigious fashion event--is no simple matter. Between selecting the perfect dress and accessorizing with the right jewelry, there are a lot of important elements that go into creating a memorable and noteworthy look. That said, we asked the always stylish Lily Collins, who is currently out promoting her highly-anticipated film, Mirror Mirror, which hits theaters today, to share a few of her red carpet essentials. From a fairytale gown to a fresh fragrance, flip through today's slideshow to see what pieces are on this rising star's must-have list!
- 2 of 13"This couture dress would definitely need to be saved for a very special red carpet moment. The capped sleeves and pop of colored embroidery give it a very regal feel, and the full bottom creates a fairytale finish. I'd probably pair it with white gold accessories, but again, less is more as it's so detailed."
- 3 of 13Mineral Sheers Powder Foundation ($13) in Classic Ivory
"I always have to carry my Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Powder Foundation compact just in case I start to feel shiny."
- 4 of 13Le Crayon Yeux Precision Eye Definer ($29) in Coffee Bean
"This Chanel eye crayon pencil is great when I occasionally need to freshen up the definition around my eyes."
- 5 of 13Mother of Pearl Skull Box Clutch ($8295, 212.840.1200)
"I love this Alexander McQueen clutch because it's so detailed and delicate, but appears so substantial. Pairing pearls with a skull creates that genius unparalleled elegant-yet-edgy McQueen feel."
- 6 of 13Ollie Clutch ($2700)
"I love this Balmain clutch because it has such a sophisticated tribal feel and the design looks so architectural and feminine."
- 7 of 13Rose Gold Crystal Butterfly Skull Ring ($345)
"I've recently started wearing a lot more rose gold because it goes well with my paler skin tone, and this ring is so beautiful and edgy. The mix of the rose gold and a skull make it elegant, but very rock 'n' roll."
- 8 of 13Danger Island II Necklace ($620, 415.989.5395)
"I love this necklace because it has that tribal feel that I've recently really gotten into. I could either wear it to bring some drama to a simple dress or dare to pair it with a plain white t-shirt and jeans!"
- 9 of 13Daffodile Platform Pumps ($1075, 1.877.551.SAKS) in Black and White
"I've always been an admirer of Christian Louboutin's designs because I see his shoes as art. These are so fun and quirky, yet sophisticated, and their vintage patchwork pattern mixed with such a sexy heel is so unique."
- 10 of 13Tuyet Suede Booties with Eagle Embroidery ($3900)
"The bright tribal design on these is so unique and would be perfect to wear with a simple dress to make the entire look stand out."
- 11 of 13"This dress has all of the elements to create that whimsical and edgy feel I admire and absolutely love in McQueen designs. It doesn't need help standing out, so I'd wear my hair up to keep it simple and add either a classic black or bright-colored heel to bring out the lace and color detail in the dress."
- 12 of 13"I love how dramatic yet refined this look is. The pop of unexpected color on top in comparison to the skirt is so fresh. I would definitely wear a belt to define the waist and a fun pump or even an open-toe sandal depending on where I was going."
- 13 of 13Eau de Parfum ($76)
"I absolutely love the smell of gardenia because it's so fresh and not too overwhelming, but it still manages to stay around all day."