At the forefront of one of the most hotly-anticipated films of the summer—The Giver, in theaters this Friday—is Odeya Rush, a blue-eyed beauty with acting chops well beyond her 17 years. And as the recipient of this year’s Teen Choice Breakout Star award, Rush finds herself with a promising career ahead. So what should you know about this tastemaker-in-the-making? We have your must-read primer below.
Who’s That Girl: Odeya Rush
- 1 of 5
1. Rush was born in Israel and lived there until she was nine years old. Her name means “Thank God” in Hebrew.
- 2 of 5
2. Rush started her career as a model.
- 3 of 5
3. Rush’s first feature film was The Odd Life of Timothy Green.
- 4 of 5
4. Rush has been cast as the female lead opposite Jack Black in the film adaptation of Goosebumps, hitting theaters in 2015.
- 5 of 5
5. When it comes to fashion, Rush credits her personal style as being a blend of tomboy and girly, and lists Alice + Olivia and Valentino among her favorite designers.