My wardrobe has evolved with the seasons quite a bit over the course of the year, but the biggest change for my mostly-neutral closet is definitely the addition of so much color! I feel that I have officially hit my stride in terms of incorporating vibrant hues into my day-to-day ensembles, and I am thrilled to continue with that this spring, whether it's with a pair of brightly-colored pants, multi-colored heels, or a bold bag (I swoon for Rochas' petite green version). Though I've recently fallen into a pattern of wearing a lot of J. Crew sweaters layered over collard shirts, I also love a matching suit, especially when emblazoned with a scarf-like jacquard print; the look is so fun and youthful. As for my must-have accessories, I definitely plan on adding these clear cat-eye frames by The Row to my ever-expanding collection of sunglasses, and have a not-so-secret obsession with Jenni Kayne's sleek metallic slingbacks, which work well for both day and night. And finally, when it comes to beauty, I plan on finishing all of my spring ensembles with a red lip, courtesy of Charlotte Ronson for Sephora's versatile lipstick/gloss, which I'm flattered to say is named after me. It's really the perfect daytime red color. Looking to my usual suspects for inspiration-think: Altuzarra, Celine, Givenchy, and Preen-I can honestly say spring is going to be an amazing season, filled with so many wonderful trends I can't wait to try and really make my own. And with that, I give you my S/S 12 fashion and beauty picks-hope you enjoy!
1. Charlotte Ronson Double XO Lipstick/Lipstain($22) in Katherine
2. Maje Embroidered Salmon Lounge Blazer ($495) and Lovette Pant ($320, 212.775.8330)
3. Loren Stewart Small 14k Gold Rod Stud Earrings ($257)
4. Rochas Spring Bag (price upon request)
5. J. Crew Cotton Waffle Pullover ($79.50) in Heather Chalk
6. Jenni Kayne Sling Back Pumps ($595, 310.860.0123) in Silver
7. The Row Cat Eye-Frame Acetate and Leather Sunglasses ($445)