While my fall look was all about un-basic black on black, this spring I'm excited to take a note from some of my favorite runway shows and infuse my wardrobe with some lighter pieces. I particularly loved the sophisticated looks from Preen's S/S 10 show, including all of the gauzy tops and dresses that were toughened up with bandage details and black lace. Of course I'm updating my wardrobe essentials, which means trading in my dark skinnies for light-wash jeans¬--I'm truly obsessed with The Row's foray into denim¬--and swapping out my circle sunglasses for a pair with a slight cat-eye. But most of all, I'm looking forward to shedding my layers and working some pretty pastels into my warm-weather ensembles. There's something about a little burst of color and a sculptural silhouette that looks really fashion-forward for spring!
Katherine's Picks: Spring 2010, clockwise from top.
1. Preen Collection Whoosh Dress ($1324)
2. Preen Collection Tie Obie Pants ($1256)
3. Preen Collection Tyral Blouse ($1090)
4. J√©r√īme Dreyfuss Franky Bag ($930, 33.01.43.54.70.93) in Gris Perfo
5. Katy Rodriguez Butterfly Dress ($550, 323.651.5516)
7. Simone by Katie Nehra Silk Moto Jacket ($495, 323.848.8183)
8. The Row for Linda Farrow Cat Eye Sunglasses ($325)
9. Givenchy Black Jersey and Calf Open Toe Booties ($1100, 310.276.4400)
10. The Row Ashland Jean ($400, 212.872.2592)