Friday, December, 01, 2006
Roger Vivier once said, To wear dreams on one¬'s feet is to begin to give reality to one¬'s dreams.¬" Since we think that there are loads of dreamy shoes that are currently available, we thought it thought it was time for another installment of A Guy¬'s Opinion. This week our average Joe (or in this case, Niko, 35, bon vivant and quite fantastic) is commenting on winter shoes. Read on for what men really think about your sexy stilettos and forgiving flats. First things first¬--I do usually look at shoes ASAP, but if a women is nice, she's nice. That said, your toes better be kept up (if you aren't keepin' the toes tight, you probably aren't keepin' other things very kept either?). Please, no toes hangin' over the front of any opened-toed shoe. No backless (slip-on) heels, because it looks lazy and cheap. Definitely do not wear platform flip-flops (especially white ones¬--we mean you Orange County!) and certainly no takin¬' off heels to dance. Women leave them on¬--deal with the pain¬--girls take them off. This ain't no highschool dance. The better the shoe, the more pain. Sorry, it¬'s part of being a woman...
1. Not your average run-around-town footwear, but hot! Ankle-breaker fo sho! It¬'s sexy when women can even walk in this kind of shoe, let alone own and wear them. Probably hot on some trendy girl with one of those short, potato sack-looking dresses and stockings? It¬'s like the Olsen girls meets Emo meets S&M. Good stuff.
2. This is a practical, run-around-town, daytime shoe. Be careful though, don't be matching this up to some Bedazzled top or denim, or some garbage Ed Hardy stuff. You could match this up with some silver necklaces and bracelets or they would also be hot with some Tsubi-type of skinny denim, deep V-neck sheer tees and cardigans. The shoes are kinda flashy, but practical, however, I could do with out the broaches on the toes.
3. Hmmm, not a fan, but could work. Everything is how you rock it and what you rock it with. Again, because the shoe is pretty flashy, don't overdue the rest of the kit. Definitely don't wear a studded belt with these, but it would probably look good with a little black dress or black denim. These shoes are definitely a Cougar fave I'm sure.
4. These are good. Another good daytime choice, but could cross into evening as well. All depends on the kit as well. My call would be to wear with denim. You could dress it up with top, coat and headwear or dress it down with a tee/tank and sweater. I have the male equivalent to these, done by Gucci. I could see them on an uptight NY socialite running around Manhattan or your average, everyday pop-star grabbing lunch.
5. I'm a sucker for red. Do NOT disturb the sexy!! Toe cleavage is hot too. The strap ads that extra bit of Mary Jane-ish, school girl-fantasy BS. A confident woman rocks these with some cool dress. Me likey.
6. Almost a granola version of the #1 shoe. I like. They give a sexy and warm feeling, maybe they should be worn with vintage stuff. Other options would be off-white tights or knee high socks, or even a baby doll dress. You could go the dressed down route by wearing them with some denim. I don¬'t think that these would work for your average Lilith Fair-granola women because of how high the heel is, but I could see them on someone in an organic -feeling outfit (as opposed to dressier fair).
How To Spend Your Tax Refund
The Best Celebrity Looks From Weekend One Of Coachella
13 Style Tricks That Will Instantly Update Your Basic Button Up
Treat Yourself (Or Someone Else!) To Little Luxuries From Piaget
Genius New Ways To Wear A Basic T-Shirt
Under $100: Shop The Pieces Your Favorite Celebrities Love To Wear
7 Ways To Style Your Denim Jacket This Spring
Are You Guilty Of These Music Festival Fashion Faux Pas?
12 Style Rules To Break This Season
11 Foolproof Work Outfits To Try This Month
12 Ways To Style A Simple Sweater For Spring
5 Ways To Make A Pantsuit Look Feminine
16 Style Lessons Learned From 'Sex & The City'
The Real Girl’s Guide To Wearing A Crop Top
The Key To Showing The Right Amount Of Skin
11 Reasons It’s Better To Shop...
Exclusive: Olivia Munn Shares Her...
The Lazy Girl’s Guide to Perfect Skin
The 21 Best Haircuts with Bangs
23 Must-See Celeb Instagrams: Plus Jared...
Product of the Day
Must-Have: The Coolest Going Out Top
The Secret Behind Emma Stone’s...
From Jourdan and Maybelline to Tina and...
Kate Middleton’s DVF Dress Can Be Yours
The Most Iconic Sunglasses Of All Time
Rosie Huntington-Whiteley’s Most...
Tip of the Day: Green With Envy
The Man Repeller Teaches Us How To Wear...
Bag It: Spring’s Most Covet-Worthy...
27 Dresses Your Bridesmaids Will Actually...