Statement Floral Earrings
Though attempting to create our very own pair of flame slingbacks seemed like a good idea in theory, we decided to focus our artistic efforts on the label's more elegant and accessible accessories, specifically the Crystal Earrings ($540) in Pink. Both sweetly feminine and totally glamorous, these dangling earrings are the ideal accent to all your spring ensembles, and are sure to garner plenty of attention too. Convinced we could make our own, we asked Erica Domesek of P.S. I Made This to lend us her expert crafting skills to create a nearly identical and equally captivating pair of rose-adorned earrings! Per usual, the ingredients are rather affordable, and the steps were a cinch to follow too, so this is one DIY project everyone can do! No need to keep you waiting any longer, let's get started!-Jessica Baker
-Beadaholique Clip On Earring Backs ($3.25 per pair)
-Krazy Glue ($4)
-2 Rose Flower Pendant Beads ($5)
-4mm Rhinestone Strands ($19/yard)
-2 Rhinestone Appliques ($10 each)
-Sporting Goods Monofilament Fishing Line ($4)
1. Use wire cutters to snip your rhinestone strand into two equal pieces. Each strand should be approximately 1½ to 2 inches in length, depending on your preference.
2. Now it's time to attach the rhinestone strand to the floral bead that will serve as the base of our earrings. There are two holes on the back of each flower bead; string the fishing line through the two holes.
3. Place the rhinestone strand on the back of the flower bead-make sure the rhinestones are facing outward, toward the face of the flower bead-and secure it with the fishing line. A simple knot will do the trick.
4. Use glue to attach the round rhinestone applique to the lower half of the rhinestone strand, making sure that the flower bead, rhinestone strand, and applique are all facing the same direction. Wait approximately 20-30 minutes until dry. Repeat steps two and three for second earring.
5. Use glue to adhere the earring backs to the flower bead. Wait approximately 20-30 minutes until both earrings are completely dry.