10 Non-Lame Halloween Costume Ideas for Couples
We’ve covered the best group costumes, chicest costumes, and easy costumes, and even got the Queen of Halloween, Lauren Conrad, to weigh in on her favorite costume ideas. So what’s left? The classic couples costume. But we’re not talking about the predictable, mindless costumes that we see year after year (sorry, Mickey and Minnie). These Halloween couples ideas are more original and memorable by a mile, and we found exactly what you need to re-create them with your partner in crime.
The beauty of a couples costume, aside from making the planning process much more fun, is that it gives your Halloween look context. A costume that would’ve been much more subtle on its own makes a huge impact with a partner to complement it, so without further ado...
Whether you prefer an artsy approach or something that’s guaranteed to get a laugh, click through to find the dynamic duo you two are going to emulate this Halloween.
Keystone/Hulton Archive/Getty Images
What You’ll Need:
• Round glasses: ZeroUV Retro-Vintage Sunglasses ($10)
• Pajamas: RK Classical Sleepwear Broadcloth Woven Pajama Set ($27)
• Long black wig: California Costumes Long Flowing Wig ($8)
• Pajamas: Del Rossa Two Piece Button Up Fleece Pajama Set ($28)
What You’ll Need:
• Striped tee: Saint James Unisex Meridien II Nautical T-Shirt ($95)
• Paintbrush: Osborn Paint Brush With Long Wood Handle ($7)
For the painting:
• Face paint: CCBeauty Professional Face Paint Oil Set ($17)
• Wooden picture frame (to wear around neck): Frame USA Unfinished Wood Frames ($32)
Miramax Films/Courtesy Everett Collection
What were you for Halloween last year? Let us know in the comments below, then check out the most popular Halloween costume of 2016.
This post has been updated by Anna LaPlaca.