The Brightest Blues
If we assigned this summer a hue, it'd be hot pink. From shocking matte lips to not-so-subtle highlights and haute couture eyeliner , Schiaparelli pink ruled. But as fall approaches, cobalt's unseating the sugary shade. The blue, in its brightest form, made its biggest splash on Stella McCartney's runway where makeup artist Pat McGrath dipped the models' lashes in crushed blue pigment.
That's not something we'd recommend trying at home, but there are plenty of other ways to work the vibrant color into your makeup routine. From Dior's famous DiorShow Mascara ($25) in Azure Blue to Nars' shocking eyeshadow ($24) in Outremer (which, with the right angled brush doubles as eyeliner), we've rounded up the season's best in blue.
1. Nars Single Eyeshadow ($24) in Outremer
- Squiggle: Stila Sparkle Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner ($22) in Curacao, brush: Urban Decay 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner ($19) in Radium
- M.A.C. Shade & Smoke Shadow Liner ($22) in Beth or Glory
- Nail polish from top to bottom: L'Oreal Colour Riche Nail Polish($6) in Jet Set to Paris, Polish & Co Nail Polish ($12) in Craft, Topshop Nail Polish ($7) in AWOL, and butter London Nail Lacquer ($14) in Blagger
- Estee Lauder Pure Color Gelee Powder Eyeshadow ($24) in Fire Sapphire