Are Push-Up Bras a Fashion Don't?
Last Saturday I was burrowing deep in my lingerie drawer and came across a high school-era relic: my very padded, very fuchsia push-up bra. Even though I hadn’t worn the physics-defying device in years, I hesitated to throw it out, which is when it occurred to me: Are push-up bras a fashion do or don’t? Rather than attempt to tackle the question myself, I conducted a rather unscientific poll of Who What Wear staffers and my family and friends.
The result? A whopping 80 percent of people said push-up bras are a fashion don’t. Do you agree? Scroll down to read a selection of reasonings for each side, and shop bras of every style.
- “Do. I think it can add a little extra something. If it looks natural, it can make a v-neck t-shirt or sweater more flattering.”
- “Do. A little padding is nice if you are on the smaller side.”
- “Do. As long as you can’t tell you’re wearing one. It’s all about proportions, so if it makes the outfit look better, then it’s a do.”
- “Don’t. I like girls that are natural. No fakes please.”
- “Don’t. Lacy bras for life!”
- “Don’t. It looks like it’s being forced. You shouldn’t force. You can spot a push-up bra from a mile away.”