Who What Wear Blog
Daily inspiration from the editors
Curated by WWW editors and led by contributor Jenn Camp of Le Fashion, our blog has all the celebrity and runway style you love, in a slightly less formal setting.
WE'RE HIRING: PRODUCT MANAGER!
Who What Wear is seeking a full-time Product Manager. This person will be tasked with collecting functional requirements for the companys e-commerce and content management web sites, communicating specifications to technical production teams and managing the implementation schedule. The primary responsibility of the Product Manager is to deliver new projects on-time within the schedule and budget constraints set by senior management, to act as the central point of communication for new projects, and to ensure that the quality of project deliverables meets the expectations of senior management, advertisers and retail partners. As a member of the core development team, you can expect to lead the implementation of all new product development initiatives (which will extend to include user account management, a shopping platform, and a more robust content management system). This role has the potential to evolve into an executive position as the company grows. If you want to make a difference and work with a growing, passionate and recently funded company, wed love to see your resume! JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders such as sales, editorial, marketing, and technology to define functional requirements for the companys e-commerce and content management systems.
- Translate business and functional requirements into technical specifications that can be used by web software developers
- Manage the overall scope, schedule and budget of new projects and ongoing web site maintenance
- Assist stakeholders in drafting business case and ROI analyses for new product initiatives
- Actively contribute to the maturation of the companys product development processes and life cycle, acting in a leadership role for new product initiation and planning activities.
- Gather effort estimates from production team members in order to produce and maintain project schedules.
- Create and update timelines, resource availability charts, weekly status reports and other tools to make the product development process transparent for stakeholders including senior management.
- Communicate project status to senior management and identify project risk. Work to develop contingency plans in response to project risk.
- Coordinate resources from contractors, advertisers and partners in order to integrate new products and services into existing infrastructure
- Assist stakeholders with developing creative implementation solutions for advertising and retail partners
- Remain current on emerging trends and web technologies.
- Bachelors Degree required
- 4+ years experience managing multi-disciplinary web project teams building e-commerce and content management applications
- Experience with creating new production workflows and team-building in a dynamic, rapid growth environment
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to translate business requirements into a technical implementation roadmap
- Expertise in web Information Architecture (IA) and web User Interface (UI) design
- Expertise with agile web site development methodologies such as Agile / SCRUM
- Impeccable organizational skills and experience using task tracking / workflow / project management tools such as BaseCamp
- Exceptional time management, critical thinking and reasoning skills including the ability to prioritize and multitask, exceptional follow-through and attention to detail
- Working knowledge search engine optimization (SEO)
- General aptitude for web usability design and information architecture
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment
- Familiarity with emerging technology and platforms including mobile (HTML 5, iOS, Android) and set-top-box and connected TV integration
- Expert knowledge of wire-framing tools such as Omnigraffle / Visio Working knowledge of prototyping tools such as PhotoShop, Dreamweaver, etc.
- Basic understanding of ad serving platforms (Doubleclick), email creatives, web analytics (Omniture and/or Google Analytics), SEO (Search Engine Optimization) required.
- Must have experience with bug-tracking tools, such as JIRA or Redmine and schedule software, such as Microsoft Project.
- Working knowledge of project planning tools such as MS Project
- Familiarity with leading open source e-commerce frameworks such as OS Commerce, Magento
- Familiarity with ad serving and RSS feed aggregation and integration
- Basic familiarity with web scripting languages such as PHP a plus
- Familiarity with production workflows on leading e-commerce platforms such as ExpressionEngine, Magento, OSCommerce, GSI Commerce
- Familiarity with editorial workflows in leading content management platforms such as ExpressionEngine, Joomla! and Drupal
- Familiarity with support networks such as CDNs, video serving platform and advertising serving platforms
- Familiarity with email newsletter platforms such as Sailthru, Mailchimp