Who What Wear is seeking a full-time Fashion Market Editor. As Who What Wear continues to innovate in the merging of commerce and content, the Fashion Market Editor will play a pivotal role in shaping the editorial strategy and revenue performance of our fashion editorial section.Â This person will take a hands-on approach in curating products for shopping stories as well as feature editorial stories.Â This position worksÂ closely with both our editorial and advertising teams.
- Work with the fashion director and editorial team to curate products and create content for WWW's fashion editorial slideshows and features (celebrity shoots, Look of the Day)
- Cover fashion and accessories market from fast fashion to luxury, establishing and maintaining relationships with public relations offices, designers and retailers in NYC, Europe & LA.
- Cover fashion and accessories market for Look of the Day editorial shoots, initiating and following through with sample requests, as well as negotiating alternates when applicable.
- Act as sittings editor for small feature shoots such as Styled By and Trend Trial.
- Create credit documents for all product included in daily content and send to the Editorial Dept in a timely manner.
- Request and organize all high res product imagery for daily content and send to the Art Dept in a timely manner.
- Request and organize all lookbooks for each season.
- Attend market appointments and previews in LA & NYC as an editorial presence on behalf of Who What Wear.
- Keep up to date on relevant fashion news and product launches and correspond with public relations offices to be in-the-know about these things.
- Produce, with fashion director and editorial team, seasonal trend reports as a guideline for future stories.
- Attend and participate in bi-weekly editorial lineup meetings, giving story pitches based on market, street style, celebrity & runway trends.
- Work with photo department and managing editor to plan and coordinate product photo shoots in house.
- Conceptualize, in conjunction with fashion editorial team, art department and advertising team, ideas for client advertorials and RFPs. Work with the art department to create and execute site-wide campaigns for shopping section.
- Work with ad sales team to organize samples or high resolution imagery of products when in-house created content calls for this.
- Keep editorial team informed of new product launches and brand promotions via email updates and in-person briefs.
- Manage department expense reports on a monthly basis, to submit to accounting.
- 2 + years of fashion market experience with an e-commerce site or brand.
- Editorial experience at a print or digital magazine is preferred.
- The ideal candidate will be a self starter with strong communications skills and understanding ofÂ how the e-commerce landscape, digital platforms and blogosphere connect.
- Must exhibit a strong taste level and the ability to discriminatingly edit an assortment of product from both an editorial and business prospective.
- Ability to understand product trends and have the ability to creatively translate them into online content that retains the DNA of Who What Wear.
This is a full-time salaried position located in Los Angeles. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMISSION
If interested please send your resume along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
. The subject line of the email must read: "RESUME: Fashion Market Editor
". Please follow these instructions carefully in order to be considered. No phone calls please.
Due to the great number of resumes we receive, regrettably, we are unable to respond individually to each person interested in a position at Who What Wear, or answer inquiries regarding the status of a particular resume. If there is interest in interviewing you for an available position within our company, a representative from Who What Wear will contact you in the near future.
ABOUT WHO WHAT WEAR
Who What Wear is the definitive authority for trend-setting fashionistas and their followers between the ages of 18-34 - this multi-media brand has quickly become the essential resource among tastemakers everywhere and is beloved by numerous stylish celebrities such as Rachel Bilson and Nicole Richie, all the while, appealing to all young women with its inclusive voice and approachable take on fashion, celebrity and style.
Who What Wear reaches its audience through its online magazine and a daily email newsletter covering the latest in celebrity fashion, runway trends and beauty secrets. The WWW content also includes online video and books - Who What Wear TV
was the #1 downloaded podcast on iTunes within the fashion vertical during its entire 4 season run, and the books, Who What Wear: Celebrity and Runway Style for Real Life,
and What to Wear, Where
, have received rave reviews. Who What Wear will has expanded its business by launching Who What Wear Beauty
, covering the latest beauty products, newest hair and makeup trends and tips.
WWW was launched by two former ELLE magazine editors in 2006 and is located in Los Angeles.