Who What Wear Blog
Daily inspiration from the editors
Curated by WWW editors and led by contributor Jenn Camp of Le Fashion, our blog has all the celebrity and runway style you love, in a slightly less formal setting.
We're Hiring: Front-End Product Engineer!
- Work collaboratively within a growing technology team consisting of 5+ people, developing attractive, usable, cross-browser compatible web pages for retail e-commerce and content management.
- Adhere to industry quality coding standards by cleanly separating style markup from scripting languages
- Build customized front-end templates within the development environment of a Content Management System
- Provide effort estimates and creative implementation solutions to internal stakeholders such as design, advertising operations, and retail partners
- Adhere to sound coding practices such as agile development methods
- Follow the companys development policies and procedures for code documentation, deployment, testing, code check-in in and QA testing
- Keep user experience and SEO in mind while creating easy-to-use interfaces for web site visitors
- Display a willingness to learn and ask for assistance from senior developers when encountering technical problems.
- Remain current on industry best practices and emerging trends and technologies.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Computer Science or other technical degree preferred (based on a BS or MS in CS or related field)
- 3+ years experience developing web user interfaces in standard open source web programming languages
- Experience with creating new workflows and team-building in a dynamic, rapid growth environment
- Experience with Agile development methods
- Working knowledge of front-end coding issues related to user interface (UI) design, and search engine optimization (SEO)
- Experience working within leading open source e-commerce frameworks such as OS Commerce, Magento
- Experience with ad serving and RSS feed aggregation and integration
- General aptitude for web graphic design
- Ability to work quickly in a deadline-driven environment
- Familiarity with emerging technology and platforms including mobile (HTML 5, iOS, Android) and set-top-box and connected TV integration
- Familiarity with PHP(5)
- Familiarity with one or more current open source Model-View-Controller frameworks such as Zend or CodeIgniter
- Working knowledge of modern content management platforms such as ExpressionEngine, Joomla! and Drupal
- Working knowledge of browser compatibility issues and common work-arounds
- Familiarity with leading open source CMS and e-commerce platforms such as ExpressionEngine, Magento, OSCommerce, GSI Commerce
- Familiarity with support networks such as CDNs, video serving platform and advertising serving platforms
- Familiarity with email newsletter platforms such as Sailthru, Mailchimp
This is a full-time salaried position located in Los Angeles. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMISSIONIf interested please send your resume along with a cover letter to email@example.com. The subject line of the email must read: RESUME: Front-End Product Engineer. Please follow these instructions carefully in order to be considered. No phone calls please.
Due to the great number of resumes we receive, regrettably, we are unable to respond individually to each person interested in a position at Who What Wear, or answer inquiries regarding the status of a particular resume. If there is interest in interviewing you for an available position within our company, a representative from Who What Wear will contact you in the near future.
Who What Wear is the definitive authority for trend-setting fashionistas and their followers between the ages of 18-34 " this multi-media brand has quickly become the essential resource among tastemakers everywhere and is beloved by numerous stylish celebrities such as Rachel Bilson and Nicole Richie, all the while, appealing to all young women with its inclusive voice and approachable take on fashion, celebrity and style.
Who What Wear reaches its audience through its online magazine and a daily email newsletter covering the latest in celebrity fashion, runway trends and beauty secrets. The WWW content also includes online video and books "Who What Wear TVwas the #1 downloaded podcast on iTunes within the fashion vertical during its entire 4 season run, and the books,Who What Wear: Celebrity and Runway Style for Real Life,andWhat to Wear, Where, have received rave reviews. Who What Wear has expanded its business by launchingWho What Wear Beauty, covering the latest beauty products, newest hair and makeup trends and tips.
WWW was launched by two former ELLE magazine editors in 2006 and is located in Los Angeles.