Who What Wear Blog
Daily inspiration from the editors
Curated by WWW editors and led by contributor Jenn Camp of Le Fashion, our blog has all the celebrity and runway style you love, in a slightly less formal setting.
We're Hiring: Front-End Product Engineer!
- Work collaboratively within a growing technology team consisting of 5+ people, developing attractive, usable, cross-browser compatible web pages for retail e-commerce and content management.
- Adhere to industry quality coding standards by cleanly separating style markup from scripting languages
- Build customized front-end templates within the development environment of a Content Management System
- Provide effort estimates and creative implementation solutions to internal stakeholders such as design, advertising operations, and retail partners
- Adhere to sound coding practices such as agile development methods
- Follow the companys development policies and procedures for code documentation, deployment, testing, code check-in in and QA testing
- Keep user experience and SEO in mind while creating easy-to-use interfaces for web site visitors
- Display a willingness to learn and ask for assistance from senior developers when encountering technical problems.
- Remain current on industry best practices and emerging trends and technologies.
- Computer Science or other technical degree preferred (based on a BS or MS in CS or related field)
- 3+ years experience developing web user interfaces in standard open source web programming languages
- Experience with creating new workflows and team-building in a dynamic, rapid growth environment
- Experience with Agile development methods
- Working knowledge of front-end coding issues related to user interface (UI) design, and search engine optimization (SEO)
- Experience working within leading open source e-commerce frameworks such as OS Commerce, Magento
- Experience with ad serving and RSS feed aggregation and integration
- General aptitude for web graphic design
- Ability to work quickly in a deadline-driven environment
- Familiarity with emerging technology and platforms including mobile (HTML 5, iOS, Android) and set-top-box and connected TV integration
- Familiarity with PHP(5)
- Familiarity with one or more current open source Model-View-Controller frameworks such as Zend or CodeIgniter
- Working knowledge of modern content management platforms such as ExpressionEngine, Joomla! and Drupal
- Working knowledge of browser compatibility issues and common work-arounds
- Familiarity with leading open source CMS and e-commerce platforms such as ExpressionEngine, Magento, OSCommerce, GSI Commerce
- Familiarity with support networks such as CDNs, video serving platform and advertising serving platforms
- Familiarity with email newsletter platforms such as Sailthru, Mailchimp