May 7, 2012
We're Hiring: Front-End Product Engineer!
- Work collaboratively within a growing technology team consisting of 5+ people, developing attractive, usable, cross-browser compatible web pages for retail e-commerce and content management.
- Adhere to industry quality coding standards by cleanly separating style markup from scripting languages
- Build customized front-end templates within the development environment of a Content Management System
- Provide effort estimates and creative implementation solutions to internal stakeholders such as design, advertising operations, and retail partners
- Adhere to sound coding practices such as agile development methods
- Follow the companys development policies and procedures for code documentation, deployment, testing, code check-in in and QA testing
- Keep user experience and SEO in mind while creating easy-to-use interfaces for web site visitors
- Display a willingness to learn and ask for assistance from senior developers when encountering technical problems.
- Remain current on industry best practices and emerging trends and technologies.
- Computer Science or other technical degree preferred (based on a BS or MS in CS or related field)
- 3+ years experience developing web user interfaces in standard open source web programming languages
- Experience with creating new workflows and team-building in a dynamic, rapid growth environment
- Experience with Agile development methods
- Working knowledge of front-end coding issues related to user interface (UI) design, and search engine optimization (SEO)
- Experience working within leading open source e-commerce frameworks such as OS Commerce, Magento
- Experience with ad serving and RSS feed aggregation and integration
- General aptitude for web graphic design
- Ability to work quickly in a deadline-driven environment
- Familiarity with emerging technology and platforms including mobile (HTML 5, iOS, Android) and set-top-box and connected TV integration
- Familiarity with PHP(5)
- Familiarity with one or more current open source Model-View-Controller frameworks such as Zend or CodeIgniter
- Working knowledge of modern content management platforms such as ExpressionEngine, Joomla! and Drupal
- Working knowledge of browser compatibility issues and common work-arounds
- Familiarity with leading open source CMS and e-commerce platforms such as ExpressionEngine, Magento, OSCommerce, GSI Commerce
- Familiarity with support networks such as CDNs, video serving platform and advertising serving platforms
- Familiarity with email newsletter platforms such as Sailthru, Mailchimp