Who What Wear
is seeking a full-time Business Development Director. The ideal candidate should have extensive experience in locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business initiatives. A proven track record in business development at an established media, branding agency or e-commerce company is a must. Comprehensive knowledge of fashion, lifestyle, digital media and e-commerce industries are vital to success in this role. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter with excellent communication and analytical skills. This position reports directly to the COO. The COO is charged with all non-editorial aspects of growing this multi-media brand, which includes overseeing Brand Strategy, Business Development, Marketing, Operations, Ad Sales, Product Development, Finance and HR.
- Identify, negotiate and close new business ventures and partnerships with content creators, major media companies, agencies, and brands
- Act as liaison to companys business partners, providing business support and analytics as well as solutions to any issues or concerns
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality and discretion in regards to all matters and documents
- Provide financial analysis of potential deals and partnerships
- Develop and author business plans and presentation materials
- Work closely with COO, Ad Sales Team, Business Development Associate and Founding Editors on business affairs initiatives and deal structuring
- Develop new revenue opportunities and identify and implement growth opportunities
- Develop strategic marketing and promotional plans for the brand
- Act as an internal consulting role and stay abreast of market trends and competition
- Develop actionable insights from analytics and KPIs
- Develop and maintain relationships with key online retailers in the fashion and lifestyle verticle
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in business development
- Strong knowledge of digital media advertising metrics and e-commerce
- Excellent negotiating and communication skills
- MBA with background in digital media and e-commerce is preferred
- Background in Investment Banking or Strategy Consulting is a plus
- Exceptional written and verbal presentation skills
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
- Passion for the fashion and lifestyle industries is preferred (designers, stylists, brands, collaborations, tastemakers)
- Ability to work calmly under pressure, meet tight deadlines, have strong attention to detail and provide self-direction
- Ambitious and resourceful with a can-do attitude that thrives in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, MS Office, Excel
- Must currently live in Los Angeles
This is a full-time salaried position located in Los Angeles. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMISSION
If interested please send your resume along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
. The subject line of the email must read: RESUME: Business Development Director
Please follow these instructions carefully in order to be considered. No phone calls please.
Due to the great number of resumes we receive, regrettably, we are unable to respond individually to each person interested in a position at Who What Wear, or answer inquiries regarding the status of a particular resume. If there is interest in interviewing you for an available position within our company, a representative from Who What Wear will contact you in the near future.
Who What Wear is the definitive authority for trend-setting fashionistas and their followers between the ages of 18-34 " this multi-media brand has quickly become the essential resource among tastemakers everywhere and is beloved by numerous stylish celebrities such as Rachel Bilson and Nicole Richie, all the while, appealing to all young women with its inclusive voice and approachable take on fashion, celebrity and style.
Who What Wear reaches its audience through its online magazine and a daily email newsletter covering the latest in celebrity fashion, runway trends and beauty secrets. The WWW content also includes online video and books " Who What Wear TV
was the #1 downloaded podcast on iTunes within the fashion vertical during its entire 4 season run, and the books, Who What Wear: Celebrity and Runway Style for Real Life,
and What to Wear, Where
, have received rave reviews. Who What Wear will soon be expanding its business by launching Who What Wear Beauty
, where we will cover the latest beauty products, newest hair and makeup trends and tips, as well as Clique by Who What Wear
destination for VIP discounts, exclusive products and deals available on the web, all chosen by Who What Wear editors.
WWW was launched by two former ELLE magazine editors in 2006 and is located in Los Angeles.