May 7, 2012
We're Hiring: Senior Product Engineer!
WhoWhatWear is seeking a full-time Senior Product Engineer. This person will be tasked with writing scalable, modular, well-documented code that meets the functional requirements defined by the product development team. The Senior Product Engineer will build a scalable PHP-based CMS and e-commerce platform from the ground up as we continue to grow. As a leader of the core technology team, you can expect to provide valuable input into the feasibility of our product development initiatives (which will extend to include user account management, a shopping platform, and a more robust content management system). This role has the potential to evolve into a full-fledged software architect position as the company grows. If you want to make a difference and work with a growing, passionate and recently funded company, wed love to see your resume! JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work collaboratively within a growing technology team consisting of 5+ people, developing innovative software approaches to retail e-commerce and content management.
- Provide effort estimates and creative implementation solutions to internal stakeholders such as design, advertising operations, and retail partners
- Assist the VP of Engineering with implementing sound coding practices such as agile development methods
- Write code to implement the technical development of all products, features and third party integrations
- Adhere to industry quality coding standards of MVC design, modularity and scalability.
- Follow the companys core development guidelines for code documentation, deployment, testing, code check-in in and regression testing
- Write APIs to integrate with critical partners such as advertising serving platforms and retailers.
- Work with the VP of Engineering to define the technical implementation strategy for new product initiatives
- Keep user experience in mind while creating easy-to-use interfaces for both front-end users (readers) and back-end users (editors)
- Develop a user account system that can track activity and behavioral preferences, with the ultimate goal of providing more interactivity and customizability to visitors
- Develop content and retail publishing tools for a wide range of platforms, including mobile and tablet
- Willingness to ask for assistance of senior developers when encountering technical problems.
- Coordinate with Systems personnel to deploy code in a secure and stable manner.
- Remain current on industry best practices and emerging trends and technologies.
- Computer Science or other technical degree preferred (based on a BS or MS in CS or related field)
- 5+ years experience developing code in standard open source web programming languages
- Experience with creating new workflows and team-building in a dynamic, rapid growth environment
- Experience with Agile development methods
- Knowledge or aptitude for emerging technology and platforms including mobile (HTML 5, iOS, Android) and set-top-box and connected TV integration
- Understanding of coding issues related to user interface (UI) design, and search engine optimization (SEO)
- Experience customizing leading open source e-commerce frameworks such as OS Commerce, Magento
- Experience integrating ad serving technology, social media, search engine marketing, lead generation and video management tools into a core CMS platform
- Experience with data migration and RSS feed aggregation and integration
- Proficiency working with relational databases, SQL, MySQL(5)
- Expert knowledge of one or more current open source Model-View-Controller frameworks such as Zend or CodeIgniter
- Working knowledge of modern content management platforms such as ExpressionEngine, Joomla! and Drupal, or the ability to create a customized CMS on top of industry standard frameworks such as Zend.
- Working knowledge of leading open source CMS and e-commerce platforms such as ExpressionEngine, Magento, OSCommerce
- Working knowledge of current open source e-commerce platforms such as Magento, GSI Commerce
- Familiarity with current best practices in cloud network and server infrastructure such as Amazon EC2
- Familiarity with database and performance issues in a LAMP environment
- Working knowledge of support networks such as CDNs, video serving platform and advertising serving platforms
- Familiarity with email newsletter platforms such as Sailthru, Mailchimp