Who What Wear Blog
Daily inspiration from the editors
Curated by WWW editors and led by contributor Jenn Camp of Le Fashion, our blog has all the celebrity and runway style you love, in a slightly less formal setting.
We're Hiring: Senior Product Engineer!
WhoWhatWear is seeking a full-time Senior Product Engineer. This person will be tasked with writing scalable, modular, well-documented code that meets the functional requirements defined by the product development team. The Senior Product Engineer will build a scalable PHP-based CMS and e-commerce platform from the ground up as we continue to grow. As a leader of the core technology team, you can expect to provide valuable input into the feasibility of our product development initiatives (which will extend to include user account management, a shopping platform, and a more robust content management system). This role has the potential to evolve into a full-fledged software architect position as the company grows. If you want to make a difference and work with a growing, passionate and recently funded company, wed love to see your resume! JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work collaboratively within a growing technology team consisting of 5+ people, developing innovative software approaches to retail e-commerce and content management.
- Provide effort estimates and creative implementation solutions to internal stakeholders such as design, advertising operations, and retail partners
- Assist the VP of Engineering with implementing sound coding practices such as agile development methods
- Write code to implement the technical development of all products, features and third party integrations
- Adhere to industry quality coding standards of MVC design, modularity and scalability.
- Follow the companys core development guidelines for code documentation, deployment, testing, code check-in in and regression testing
- Write APIs to integrate with critical partners such as advertising serving platforms and retailers.
- Work with the VP of Engineering to define the technical implementation strategy for new product initiatives
- Keep user experience in mind while creating easy-to-use interfaces for both front-end users (readers) and back-end users (editors)
- Develop a user account system that can track activity and behavioral preferences, with the ultimate goal of providing more interactivity and customizability to visitors
- Develop content and retail publishing tools for a wide range of platforms, including mobile and tablet
- Willingness to ask for assistance of senior developers when encountering technical problems.
- Coordinate with Systems personnel to deploy code in a secure and stable manner.
- Remain current on industry best practices and emerging trends and technologies.
- Computer Science or other technical degree preferred (based on a BS or MS in CS or related field)
- 5+ years experience developing code in standard open source web programming languages
- Experience with creating new workflows and team-building in a dynamic, rapid growth environment
- Experience with Agile development methods
- Knowledge or aptitude for emerging technology and platforms including mobile (HTML 5, iOS, Android) and set-top-box and connected TV integration
- Understanding of coding issues related to user interface (UI) design, and search engine optimization (SEO)
- Experience customizing leading open source e-commerce frameworks such as OS Commerce, Magento
- Experience integrating ad serving technology, social media, search engine marketing, lead generation and video management tools into a core CMS platform
- Experience with data migration and RSS feed aggregation and integration
- Proficiency working with relational databases, SQL, MySQL(5)
- Expert knowledge of one or more current open source Model-View-Controller frameworks such as Zend or CodeIgniter
- Working knowledge of modern content management platforms such as ExpressionEngine, Joomla! and Drupal, or the ability to create a customized CMS on top of industry standard frameworks such as Zend.
- Working knowledge of leading open source CMS and e-commerce platforms such as ExpressionEngine, Magento, OSCommerce
- Working knowledge of current open source e-commerce platforms such as Magento, GSI Commerce
- Familiarity with current best practices in cloud network and server infrastructure such as Amazon EC2
- Familiarity with database and performance issues in a LAMP environment
- Working knowledge of support networks such as CDNs, video serving platform and advertising serving platforms
- Familiarity with email newsletter platforms such as Sailthru, Mailchimp