Had the great pleasure of re-seeing Mulberry's brilliant F/W 10 collection the other afternoon. It's just as good as remembered, plus this time around we had the added pleasure of the brand's Creative Director, Emma Hill, as our tour guide. Hill is beyond lovely"just like Mulberry, she's clever, cheeky, and completely cool"and her designs are even better. Inspired in part by Neely O'Hara, the boldest (and best) character in Valley of the Dolls
, the collection offers loads of gorgeous pieces, like dropped-waist dresses with slightly puffed sleeves, school girl-inspired kilt-style skirts, and super luxe outerwear options including a rad shearling jacket. But of course it's all about the bags! There are loads of new shapes & styles this season: topping our (okay, Hillary's) list is the Neely Tote in leopard"isn't it gorgeous?
1. A few of the bucket bags (Edna Mini Drawstring Bags)
2. Katherine modeling said bag style! (The larger Edna Drawstring Bag, that is.)
3. The Neely Tote in Leopard. Animal print + ladylike shape = best bag ever!
4. Mulberry's take on the shearling jacket, love the belted waist. (Exact name: Poacher Jacket in Camel Sheepskin. Was styled with the Cone Skirt in Camel Wool for the runway.)
5. Cutest camel skirt (also available in gray). So simple, so chic, so well made. (This is the Cone Skirt previously mentioned.)
6. Another super gorgeous fall style... (The Lizzie in Camel)
7. Mulberry's canine ambassador (just for La-La Land, mind you). Isn't his sweater sweet?