Shane Paish (the International Makeup Advisor to Christian Dior, Charlize's beauty guru, and a very hysterically funny man) likes this fresh look for summer. "I love a 50's style orange or coral lip as long as it's a fully pigmented-not sheer-color," says Paish. "But this doesn't work if you're too tan, it just looks tragic!" We agree that there's something a little too Palm Spring/Palm Beach about pairing an orange-y lip with a deep tan.
There are lots of subtle ways to incorporate this beauty trend into your look. Chanel currently has two limited edition nail polishes in these tones: Heatwave, a pinky coral, and Orange Blossoms, a peachy sheer, ($18 each, chanel.com, available now through July). OPI makes a delightfully retro color too, Don't Be Koi With Me, that we're manicured with this week ($7.50, OPI.com for vendors).
Stila recently launched the hot-selling All Over Glow in Peachy Keen ($28, Sephora.com), with a warm peach blush and pearly highlighter in one small compact. Another one to try is Laura Mercier's Face Tint in Apricot for a natural, fresh cheek ($20, Sephora.com. Dior's new Dior Addict Ultra Gloss Reflect in Raffia Orange 347 is a super pigmented coral ($24.50, Sephora.com) and Pur Minerals Mineral Shea Butter Lipstick in Sheer Citrine is a light apricot way to get into the trend ($15, purminerals.com).
1. OPI Nail Lacquer, Don't Be Koi With Me, $7.50, OPI.com.
2. Laura Mercier, Face Tint in Apricot, $20, Sephora.com
3. Christian Dior, Dior Addict Ultra Gloss Reflect, Raffia Orange 347, $24.50, Sephora.com
4. Stila, All Over Glow, Peachy Keen, $28, Sephora.com
5. Pur Minerals, Mineral Shea Butter Lipstick, Sheer Citrine, $15, purminerals.com